We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"FIRE" At the Moon Palace/Hard Rock

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
"FIRE" At the Moon Palace/Hard Rock

The Toro restaurant was destroyed by fire today. I was reading and noticed the smoke and tried to get people's attention. The entertainment went on even while I was pointing and yelling. Unfortunately it was not until flames started to shoot out that people noticed. trying to put a fire out with garden hoses was a loss cause from the begining. I happen to be in the Presidential Suite right next to the fire. Our room is smokey our cloths smell like smoke and the A.C. has been turned off. Our pool was eventually closed and people were told to go to other pools. We are working with Janet in customer service but relocating us when the resort is full will be a problem!! My main concern is our smelly cloths which may never get clean and the disruption of our vacation. The word going around by the workers seem to be sabotage by someone prior to their grand opening.

More to come.................

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "FIRE" At the Moon Palace/Hard Rock

I hope no one was hurt in the incident. That's MY main concern. Clothing can be replaced, other vacations can be had.

murillo
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "FIRE" At the Moon Palace/Hard Rock

i know exactly how your clothes smell, just like mine sometimes.You may never get the smell out, trust me. It takes several washings, and i never wash my Fire clothes at home, bad stuff in fire. do it at a laundry mat . I see lots of peoples faces after a fire.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "FIRE" At the Moon Palace/Hard Rock

Bob,

We seen it from the Barcelo Punta Cana.

People started going up the beach to see it up close.

A lot of big flames from a far. Hope nobody got hurt in.

SD

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,324 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "FIRE" At the Moon Palace/Hard Rock

It was hit by lightning and burned down when the resort was under contruction over a year ago.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k29043…

Toronto
Level Contributor
222 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "FIRE" At the Moon Palace/Hard Rock

Hey BobNH...hope no one was injured. Heading for Hard Rock a week Monday...am a little concerned about all this...I was looking forward to some nice meals at Toro as your reviews mentioned the food was great...please keep posting.

Cheers,

Haywood

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
14,047 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "FIRE" At the Moon Palace/Hard Rock

They say lightning seldom strikes twice....well...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k28790…

This happened last year as well. Something does not seem right. ...2 times in less than a year. You would think after last years fire that leveled a restaurant they might have spent a little money and planning on a suitable water system.

Sorry to hear of your inconvenience Bob....have a bedroom here available if needed!

Cheers

PCMike

In all of my time here there has only been one other fire...that being at a Princess resort.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "FIRE" At the Moon Palace/Hard Rock

Dozens of people are working there as we speak. I would not doubt if they are open in a week.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "FIRE" At the Moon Palace/Hard Rock

The first thought that came to mind, when I read this post, was that fire last year. I hope everyone is okay!

Sheryl

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,324 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "FIRE" At the Moon Palace/Hard Rock

video of last years fire

http://www.youtube.com/embed/jHFTQhO8hq8

havent seen one of this newest blaze

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "FIRE" At the Moon Palace/Hard Rock

Saw the video Wud................this fire was much bigger and to makes things worse it was not raining.

I do not think of have heard of anyone being injured which is remarkable as the restaurant was full of people eating lunch.

It just blows my mind that the only way to fight the fire was with garden hoses.

A fire truch finally showed up after 90 minutes but by then they had the fire under control.