We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymooning at Caribe Club Princess 4/16-4/23/2006

Boston
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymooning at Caribe Club Princess 4/16-4/23/2006

My fiance and I are spending our honeymoon in the honeymoon suite at the Caribe Club Princess Resort in Punta Cana from April 16-23, 2006. I read on an old website that there were no watersports in a previous "springbreak" week. Does anyone know if they still do this? We were definitely looking forward to taking advantage of the trip and taking some water adventures. Unfortunately, since I'm a teacher, I have to vacation at the same time as my students...

We're also wondering if anyone has any recommendations for excursions that we should take while we're there. We'd like to relax at the resort most of the week, but it would be nice to have a couple of trips off of the resort.

Any other advice would be welcome too!

Thanks, Molly

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymooning at Caribe Club Princess 4/16-4/23/2006

Hi Molly. Sorry, but i don't have any information too offer you as my fiance and i are both planning our honeymoon too. I have a question for you though. What made you decide on the Caribe Club Princess Resort? We are trying to find somewhere to go but cannot decide on a hotel!?

Boston
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymooning at Caribe Club Princess 4/16-4/23/2006

Hi, well we had been looking at resorts all over for a while (Jamaica, Cozumel, Bahamas...) and I had heard great things about Punta Cana from some of my friends at work, so we decided to check it out. There were tons of choices that we really could have gone for, but we were won over by the honeymoon suite and the perks that come with it. The room itself is gorgeous (our travel agent backs this up since he has been there). It's all white with a king size bed, an upstairs loft with a jacuzzi and bay window overlooking the ocean, and a sunken living room with either glass doors or windows looking out on the ocean. Then you also get a bottle of rum, breakfast in bed 1 day, 1 free massage each, merengue and spanish lessons, free dinner at one of the pay restaurants (buffet and 5 other restaurants are free), flowers and fruit in your room, private check-in & check-out, late check-out....

Other than that we just went with a resort that looked and sounded good and was affordable.

NB Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymooning at Caribe Club Princess 4/16-4/23/2006

I have seen the honey moon suite it is amazing. As far as no motorized sports on spring break, it is not that it is that there are none on Easter weekend, it is a Holy holiday in PC and it is only for the easter weekend that they are not running, everything else will be the same,

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymooning at Caribe Club Princess 4/16-4/23/2006

When is Holy weekend in PC?

Boston
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymooning at Caribe Club Princess 4/16-4/23/2006

I read on gate1travel.com that watersports and optional excursions will not be available from April 13-16 due to Holy Week. Holy week is considered the 7 days leading up to easter, including the Monday following Easter - but the only restriction I saw was 13-16.

Boston
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymooning at Caribe Club Princess 4/16-4/23/2006

I just realized this is different for each hotel. Some do not offer any watersports all week long, the 9th to the 17th. If you want to go to Punta Cana that week, I would check the actual hotel to see what the availability will be.

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymooning at Caribe Club Princess 4/16-4/23/2006

wow, we sure have picked the perfect time to go! Hahaha! I'll definitely keep that in mind when we're choosing our hotel! Thank you!

Canada
Level Contributor
738 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymooning at Caribe Club Princess 4/16-4/23/2006

sassybchgal, I hope you don't mind if I interrupt here, but on the Aruba forum they get all in a flap if I even mention Mexico. You may want to look at the Mayan Riviera area south of Cancun for your honeymoon. There are many wonderful new all inclusive resorts there and it will be cheaper than Aruba and there will be more to do than in Punta Cana, although I would pick Punta Cana over Aruba anyday for a honeymoon as that beach in Punta Cana is simply amazing. Do not choose Cancun as it is party central and very commercialized/Americanized/tourist, but further south is wonderful and more like old Mexico with wonderful new resorts, beautiful beaches and quaint towns to visit. I can pesonally recommend a resort if you want, just ask.

Hope I have been of some help.

Hope I have been of some help.

Canada
Level Contributor
738 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymooning at Caribe Club Princess 4/16-4/23/2006

sassybchgal, I am truly sorry if I have caused you problems with your thread on the other forum. Have a wonderful honeymoon no matter where you choose to go.