We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

departure tax $20 ?

Michigan
9 posts
Save Topic
departure tax $20 ?

A few people have mentioned there is a $20 departure tax that has to be paid. Is this per person? Is this in addition to the $10 per person paid when you enter into PC ?

Buffalo
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: departure tax $20 ?

yes

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: departure tax $20 ?

Rumbum, if you are travelling with Applevacations you do NOT have to pay the departure tax it has been included in your package. I am not sure about other packages.

all the best,

baltobabe/mt

Michigan
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: departure tax $20 ?

baltobabe - thank you kindly. I'm traveling with Apple Vac. - I'll verify that with them.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
497 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: departure tax $20 ?

Hey Rumbum!!

did you get your screen name from reading our post? ha ha just curious! Wish we would have thought about it!!

Happy travels!!

Michigan
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: departure tax $20 ?

nomorespeedo - you guessed it. I'm also guilty of a little overindulgence of food and liquor from time to time like your hubby. something about that rum and the beach...

stoney creek
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: departure tax $20 ?

I know as a canadian I pay the $20 departure tax per person. The children as well.I am not sure about the U.S.A. When i talked to some people from the U.S.A. and they did not have to pay it.

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: departure tax $20 ?

When we arrived in Punta Cana last week, our tourist card was "stapled" to our passport.

When we departed enroute to U/S. we simply filled out the departure paper + the tourist card was removed + kept by the clerk.

No additional fees were paid.

I believe if the tourist card isn't presented, you would get charged again.

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: departure tax $20 ?

When we arrived in Punta Cana last week, our tourist card was "stapled" to our passport.

When we departed enroute to U/S. we simply filled out the departure paper + the tourist card was removed + kept by the clerk.

No additional fees were paid.

I believe if the tourist card isn't presented, you would get charged again.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
580 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: departure tax $20 ?

When left RD I hadn't been told to keep my Tourist Card and present it on departure and so they attempted to charge me another $10. I know this happened to others, in fact I know somebody was charge $15 for not having it.

The Departure Tax is not paid as you go through customs, it's in the Departure Lounge, so don't be led to believe you've avoided it and then spend your money on other stuff. I saw quite a few make this mistake.

canada
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: departure tax $20 ?

I leave on Saturday, and my travel agent advised me that the price is scheduled to be raised to $25, but she did not know when,,and to be on the safe side, I should be prepared to pay $25/person to get out.