We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allegra Punta Cana Questions

Ohio
Level Contributor
124 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Allegra Punta Cana Questions

Just booked 7 days at the Allegra Punta Cana (not to be mistaken for the Occidental Punta Cana - I believe Occidental owns both properties??) I am a Cancun addict and am only switching because of the hurricane - but I am excited to try a new place. Any comments on the property and especially the beach and the food would be appreciated. We will be with another family and there will be 5 teens with all of us. Is it a fun, clean, safe property?? Anything we should try or anything we need to avoid?? What is there to do after dinner but before the shows start??

How is the exercise/weight room - we work out every day usually. Is it included in the fee and what all do they offerin the weight room?

Thanks for your comments - Happy 2006

Best hen

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allegra Punta Cana Questions

I hear ya!

e got caught in the Jetsgo BS last year & picked up Allergro for 769 CDN + tax from Halifax NS Canada.

This resort is not as bad as some of the reviews. I would give it a 3* at best.

This is a small quiet resort compared to other we have been too. The beach is OK, food is OK. All in all if you got a good price its worth the money.

It is a clean safe property, but if your teens are blonds & female some of the staff can be abit abusive by following the girls around & making rude comments.

Do not leave anything of value on the beach unattended as alot does go missing. Take your normal precautions with safty in mind.

Don't take chances.

Shows were OK, they do have vendors come to the resort to sell their wares before the shows start. Be sure to barter with them.

Never seen the excercise weight room & do n't think there is a fee. Heard it was outdated & alot was broke down.

All in all this resort was a good bang for your buck.

Staff were very friendly. Hope this helps.

Happy Travels!

Ohio
Level Contributor
124 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allegra Punta Cana Questions

Sillyjilly - thanks for the reply - no I did not get a great price, but our friends went ahead and booked here so we booked too. Thanks for the head-up about the staff and the kids - I'll keep a look out for them - there are also two 18 year old brothers on the trip (both football players) to help keep the leaches away.

Anyone else with comments???

Thanks again,

Besthen

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allegra Punta Cana Questions

If you go knowing this you will have a great trip & make the best of it! Good to hear about the football palyers! lol! I'm sure they'll look out for the girls.

Its not a bad resort, it just needs upgrades and TLC.

Happy Travels!