We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets new info

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Secrets new info

I'm scheduled to go to secrets on October 3rd for our honeymoon. Today I talked to the resort and they said all is well and they are fully open, which of course I will take for what it is. I also talked to my tour operator who was in contact with their rep in Punta Cana and they report that all the restaurants are open and everything is in pretty good shape they said they even still have the horseback rides, (someone posted earlier that all the horses had drowned?) they did admit that there is some minor cosmetic damage that is an ongoing process to fix (takes a while to grow a palm tree) and they also mentioned that the beach is quite eroded and it was very unlikely that they would bring in any fine beach sand anytime soon, So from what I have been able to gather it seems like that anything that could be fixed by humans was(cleaning out pool, fixing roofs, etc.) and some things were just going to have to wait for nature to fix. So anyhow it looks like its a gamble, depends on who you belive, and trust me no on is stressed out about this more than me, we spent big time and big bucks on this Honeymoon and we are just sitting back trying to get as much info as possible, in time to make other plans if we HAVE too. Cheers

haddon township, nj
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Secrets new info

Monimo - sounds great - well drink the the mcreas having a wonderful time in mexico!

I'm excited and cant wait - i've e-mail the resort 3 times and each time they replied with good news.

USA
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Secrets new info

Gerg:

I am sorry to hear of your experience...maybe it's time to contact a lawyer. Call the resort and ask to speak with someone in Management...better yet...call AM Resorts. These postings are not directed at you as you were the victim. I can give you the number to Apple Vacations Corporate number if needed.

I wish you RESULTS....

Best,

Monimo

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
48 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Secrets new info

Hi,

We are also scheduled to check into Secrets on 12/6/04 (like MeeToo617) after getting married at Melia Caribe Tropical on 12/3/04 with family. We have heard that Melia has had little damage, but we are seriously considering changing to one of the Secrets in Mexico. We will be very interested in hearing any feedback about Secrets in the next few weeks.

MeeToo617, we live right down the road from you! It will be interesting to hear what your thoughts are on this in the next week or so.

Central NJ
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Secrets new info

Hi Neighbor (aka NJ Travelers)!

Well, I'm glad to say that after checking the posts on this site at least 2-3 times a day for the past few weeks, that we have made our decision to keep our original destination of Secrets Punta Cana. I looked at the photos of the resort damage and feel pretty confident that things will be back in shape by then (fingers crossed!!!). This was my first (and only) choice since it sounds like it has everything we are looking for in a "romantic getaway"!

Best wishes on your upcoming wedding! We will be married 20 years on 10/13 and this trip to Secrets is an anniversary present. If our paths cross at the resort we'll have a toast with those coco locos I keep reading about " To newly married, and happily married!!!"

HAVE A GREAT TIME !!!

haddon township, nj
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Secrets new info

To MeeToo:

We also decided to go to punta cana for our 25th anniversary the 9th thru 16th. I didn't want to switch-punta cana was our first and really only choice. I too called yesterday after all the crazy postings and they assured me everything will be PERFECT during our stay. Since that call I have hardly looked at these boards and have had relief and confidence that I made the right decision. Thanks to 2thebeach for her postings!

To all who chose to wait it out and stick with their 1st choice -

HAVE A WONDERFUL VACATION SEE YOU IN PUNTA CANA

Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Secrets new info

Hi all......

I just want to ask anyone coming back from Secrest before Oct.14.....please give us true infomation. I am in knots about this trip...this too was our first choice of places to go. (we are more cruise people) We did do an all inclusive in Aruba that was very nice!

We are from Florida and have seen our share of storms....so we just want to get away and enjoy some sunshine!!! Oh need I forget..some coco loco's too! So if you would, please post whatever news you have......I know that everyone has their own opinion about things.....so I can only hope that all your news will be good!!

Thanks to all....and don't foget.....drink a coco loco for me!!

Have a safe and funfilled trip!