We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bed bugs!

BCL
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
bed bugs!

A friend recently returned from Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana and had a problem with bed bugs. I know you can have this at any hotel. We will leaving for Punta Cana in five weeks staying at the Riu Palace Punta Cana. Has anyone had a bed bug problem at the Palace? Thanks for any information!

BCL

Detroit
Level Contributor
323 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bed bugs!

havnt been there but im at Hard rock and havnt seen anything of that nature in my room not havnt seen any weird type bugs on the beach whatsoever .. Goodluck hope everything goes fine on your stay

halifax canada
Level Contributor
960 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: bed bugs!

canada seems to be full of them this year .wish i was in p.c. lol

Toronto
Level Contributor
282 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bed bugs!

Oh no, we are supposedly headed there tonight (that is if Sunwing ever bothers to send a plane for all of us that have gotten messed over today). We had bedbugs at the Gran Bahia in La Romana last year and it was disgusting. Upon arriving home, I left my baggage to freeze in my garage for 2 weeks, threw everything into garbage bags, and then into a hot wash. Ick.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,954 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bed bugs!

your flight is delayed until Dec 20, 00:05

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
83 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bed bugs!

We are at Dreams Palm Beach right now and no bed bugs for us. Have also talked to quite a few people and no one is reporting bed bugs.

Dunnville, Canada
Level Contributor
860 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bed bugs!

Sand flees are common and the bites sometimes are confused with bed bug bites.

Toronto
Level Contributor
282 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bed bugs!

Thank goodness :)

Atlantic Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: bed bugs!

We had a wedding group in GBP La Romana in April, 2010. There was NOT one bed bug reported by anyone in our group... thank goodness! The sand fleas are another matter, I swear dusk is their feeding time!

Bedford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bed bugs!

Hey All,

I run a hotel in Canada. A simple 5 minute look around the room will help you discover any unwanted bugs. Take the sheets off the bed and check the tape on the mattress. Pull it back and look for blood spots, bed bug poop(which will look like blood) or blood stains on the mattress or sheets. Then check the headboard and chairs for any sign of the creatures. If you find any, remove your luggage immediately and get a hotel staff or Manager and show them the issue. They will have to change you to another room and shut the other one down.

It is really up to you to protect yourself in most instances. There are great pictures of infected mattresses and stained sheets on-line.

10. Re: bed bugs!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 19, 2011