We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Colonial

vermont
4 posts
Save Topic
Majestic Colonial

Hi all:

I am continually interested in hearing more about the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. I am not worried about the many negative reviews, it is a new resort and I expect some problems. However, I am worried about being given the room that we requested. We have paid for a Majestic Junior Suite with pool access and I keep reading that people are not getting what they requested. Any input?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Majestic Colonial

kyro--

you should send an email to the marketing guy that someone had sent around...I'll look for his name, but I think Gregg (punta cana expert) might have put it out there at some point..I sent him an email trying to confirm my room and that it was in fact either ocean or pool view as the website stated and could he please confirm b/c I was very nervous about coming based on all that was out on the msg boards so far..I never got a response from him, but wonder if that is how I ended up getting the room I had..who knows...tell them it is your honeymoon even if the travel agent already did. ask them if there is anyway you could get one of the ocean front rooms on the third floors--I assume they are all like the one I had...

as for the gym, yep, brought my clothes, but nope, didn't put them on...walked through the gym to use the ladies room while utilizing the disco/nightclub (it's actually the closest one and a bit unknown) another guest showed it to me...so I walked through the gym..they seemed to have the basics...2 weeks, huh? bring some of your favorite snacks..you will get sick of the food..no peanutbutter in case anyone is a pnutbutter lover....

as for tours, the only one we did was the Safari and honestly I wouldn't do it again, but I guess it is all in what you like...they picked us up at 8:00 am and dropped us off at 5:00 pm (which we knew), but what we didn't know was the majority of that time was spent riding on the back of an open truck on lightly padded seats packed in tightly with others...we visited the sugar cane field, the tobacco museum (which we stayed way too long at) and this farm called "Maria's house" which gave you a tour of the traditional dominican family home and then her farm...that was interesting but not worth the long ride...we then left the farm and continued on for about an hour and a half to eat lunch (it is now 1:45 pm and again we haven't eaten since breakfast and some didn't eat breakfast)..we had lunch at this area that Bavaro Runners(the safari company) has put together where you can go to the beach, horseback ride, see exotic animals (not many, but a cute monkey named LOLO) and you stay there for too long b/c you don't want to get wet and then go on this long truck ride again..then we headed home for about another 1 1/2-2 hour ride home...I just didn't think it was worth it for all of the driving..If anyone has been to Hawaii I found it as long as the road to Hana...never again...Now, this is just my opinion..we talked to another couple who was on it with us and they enjoyed it, so just wasn't our thing..you did get to see the island and the culture..If you go on this, bring bags of candy from home to throw to the kids or items like hats, sunglasses, novelty stuff or nickels, etc...One of the women on our tour brought a ton of stuff and when the Bavaro truck goes through the towns the kids come running from every direction b/c people throw them stuff. I felt awful that I had nothing to give...

sorry for the long windessness.... :)

Level Contributor
324 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Majestic Colonial

Writfiler:

Frankly, the resort map provided to us was horrible -- I could barely read it. Here's what I'm going to do: I printed a copy of the map off of the MC website (which strangely isn't working anymore) and I have added and made any changes as the map pre-dates the opening. I will post it on TA or Debbie's as soon as I can figure out how.

:)

Level Contributor
324 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Majestic Colonial

Kyro:

If you look at the spa #12, I was in the building across from it (4 over from where it started). This map isn't entirely up-to-date so I'm going to post my "hacked up" version with updated scribbles on it so you can see what I mean. I had the lowest rate room -- gardenview but I think they must of upgraded us because we got a poolview room which has a way better view than the gardenview rooms that just face the other resorts.

Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Majestic Colonial

You guys have been a great help. Did either of yous take any pictures? I'm interested in what the menus are like for the a la carte restaurants and the bars.

Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Majestic Colonial

melguelph,

everyone keeps saying that the garden view rooms look out onto other resorts or a chain link fence or garbage etc...

Can you not get a garden view room looking in the middle of the little oval with the lakes. I'm thinking that this would be the best garden view rooms to request. Am I correct?

edmonton
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: Majestic Colonial

headhuntercm:

Thank you for the reply. I personally like the long posts... lots of info to absorb. As for contacting the hotel, I have emailed on several occasions... with no reply. I guess it is not just me that is not getting a response so I will not take it personally. When it gets closer, I will email them again, asking for a room like yours.

melguelph

Thank you also for the reply. Not sure if we are looking at the same map though. the one I have shows the spa as # 18. That is ok, I will check Debbies to see your map. I think the new web address is www.majesticcolonial.com

Level Contributor
324 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Majestic Colonial

Geronamo:

The entry doors to the room face the middle area (Building 1 and 2 doors face each other, 3 and 4 face each other) where there is a garden with fountains. The balcony or terraces for buildings 1 and 4 face the periphery of the property (and views of other resorts -- I'm sure in time it will look better but for now it's an eyesore) and the buildings 2 and 3 face the pool. Does this make sense?

Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Majestic Colonial

Makes perfect sense. So I guess at this time there is no preferable garden view rooms. Thanks for your help in clearing this up. I guess I can only hope that they upgrade us to a pool view room.