We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Colonial

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
vermont
4 posts
Save Topic
Majestic Colonial

Hi all:

I am continually interested in hearing more about the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. I am not worried about the many negative reviews, it is a new resort and I expect some problems. However, I am worried about being given the room that we requested. We have paid for a Majestic Junior Suite with pool access and I keep reading that people are not getting what they requested. Any input?

Level Contributor
324 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Colonial

We were lucky that we got the room that we requested; however, we ran into many at the resort who did not and they went through various problems and wait-times to get their situations resolved. I'm not too confident with their computer system as they could not offer me late check-out solely because they had no idea who was coming into the resort next.

With this in mind, I would talk to your TA and try contacting the resort to confirm your accomodations. Good luck!

Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Colonial

Well, we've booked a Junior Suite Gardenview which is the most basic room they offer. Anything else they give us would be a real bonus!!

vermont
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Colonial

Thanks melguelph, good suggestions. I will try to connect with the resort directly--acutally have already sent an e-mail with, surprise, no response. I am going to try to call when it gets a little closer to my date to leave which is 3/2. Thanks again.

Level Contributor
324 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Colonial

Another tip: try to secure a room in building # 2 or 3. Buildings 1 and 4 are at the edges of the resort and they overlook the neighbours -- building #1 currently has a very unflattering view of a broken down chain-link fence. I believe that the pool access buildings are 2 and 3 so you shouldn't have a problem...I suggest trying to get a room in the middle of the building as you are half-way to everything and you won't be disturbed as much by the pool bar antics if you like an afternoon nap. We stayed in room 2319 so anywhere around 2115-2120 would be ideal in my opinion.

Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Colonial

Melguelph:

Do I take it that the Jr. Gardenview Suite rooms are located in Bldgs. 1 & 2 ??

Vancouver BC Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Colonial

We just returned, and we had paid for a majestic pool JS, and that's exactly what we got, no problems! Our room was ready for us on arrival (complete with a crib/playpen as requested as well). Our room was 2138, and we loved it!

It was right accross from where they do the activities (salsa lessons-fun to watch!!-pool aerobics-etc), swim up bar was to the left, and the pool volleyball net was to the right, and a walk up pool bar was right accross. Sounds noisy? Outside your room on the patio late afternoon, yes, but it was nothing obtrusive, it was more like entertainment! Plus once you go in your room, and close the sliding glass doors, you hear it faintly, but nothing too bothersome. And this info is coming from a family with a 2 year old that naps in the afternoon! So, for most people, it probably wouldn't bother them at all, like I said we loved the location!

Plus, most of the time, there was never any one else in the pool directly in front of our room because of how HUGE the pool is, you could ALWAYS find your own 'private' section of pool! Plus, to walk from our room down to the waters edge was no more than 5 minutes!

Anyway, just FYI, our tour company was Sunquest through Flight Centre (no problems), and I emailed the resort directly two days prior to our arrival to confirm our room type (and crib request), didn't receive a reply before we left but as I mentioned, everything was ready for us. So, whether or not that helped I don't know.

Happy vacation :-)

Vancouver BC Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Colonial

Also, one other thing, the day we left we had an evening flight, so the shuttle didn't pick us up untill 6pm. We wondered how that was going to work with having a 12noon check out time....again, no problem! We paid $40us to keep our room for an extra 6 hours. We just had to go to the front desk the morning of our check out to confirm & pay and it was done. :-)

edmonton
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Colonial

melguelph and turquoise 95, I am just wondering if you could reference the map when describing what buildings to stay in. I have booked a Colonial terrace room, and would like know where they are located... if you know.

Level Contributor
324 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Colonial

writfiler:

From the way I interpreted the resort layout, gardenview rooms are buildings #1 and 4. However, I paid for a gardenview room and got a poolview -- a bonus for me. The gardenview rooms would be on the outer edge of the resort with views of MC's gardens PLUS the neighbouring resorts.

Level Contributor
324 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Colonial

Kyro:

I was just a little South (closer to the lobby side)of the spa in buidling #2 -- almost half-way between. From my understanding, the colonial terrace rooms were on the top floor (floor 4) and there were two per building section. I never went to the fourth floor so I can't tell you much else but I hear the square footage is double what the other rooms are (and they were plenty big) Hope this helps!