We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone going to Melia Caribe Tropical willing to help me...

canada
Level Contributor
548 posts
1 review
Save Topic
anyone going to Melia Caribe Tropical willing to help me...

hello everyone. As some of you may know, I returned from the Melia Caribe Tropical about 3 weeks ago and we loved it. We went at christmas time with the whole family and it was very nice. My daughter became very good friends with Rodney from the animation team and she wasnt able to get his email address as our plane left early which wasnt expected (damn airtransat) and she wasn't able to say her goodbyes. If any of you are going to the Melia soon, would you possibly be able to ask Rodney for his email address on behalf of my daughter (Kim) she would be very thankful. I will help you with any questions you may have and answer them fully detailed if you need any help. I hope some, or one of you will be able to help me out with this, thanks in advance.

islandgirl2.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone going to Melia Caribe Tropical willing to help me...

Oh how I wish I could help you, but I won't be there for 95 more days. Ouch. You have been such a big help. Have you tried to email the hotel. Maybe they would be able to get a message to him with your email.

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone going to Melia Caribe Tropical willing to help me...

I'm going down to Melia on 19 Jan. If I can help, let me know. Also, what is the usual dress for this resort. I assume slacks and golf shirt at night. Shorts, bathing suits, tee shirts during the day. Is that about it?

canada
Level Contributor
548 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone going to Melia Caribe Tropical willing to help me...

hj: thanks for your enthusiasm and I know you would help me if you were going earlier! I would email the hotel, but I dont know how they would view that...I wouldnt want to put anything in jeopardy for him. Thanks again, and its a pleasure for me to help, I know how hard it is to wait and not know anything! haha.

islandgirl2

campy: wow, if you could "track" him down so to speak and give him that message and possibly get his email address then it would be greatly greatly appreciated by my daughter. His name is Rodney and he is on the animation team. If you need to know any other details please let me know. The usual dress for the resort in the evenings can go anywhere from casual to dressed up. You will have those who like to dress up, and those who dont like to so much and choose not to. However in some of the a-la carte restaurants they ask the men to wear slacks and shoes. For the women its pretty much opened to wear whatever you wish, usually we just tend to wear a nice skirt, top and sandals. Going to the buffets, the men can wear what they wish ( shorts are usually the preferance.) during the day it's really whatever you want to wear, the buffet by the beach ( which is where everyone tends to eat lunch, breakfast and what not) doesnt really care what you wear. We went in with iur bathing suits, you dont have to wear shoes if you dont want to either...althoug we did, we saw many who didnt. So all to say that during the day is beachwear and at night just looking presentable will do the trick! hope this was of some help. dont be shy with other questions, and thanks again for the favor I really thank you.

islandgirl2

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone going to Melia Caribe Tropical willing to help me...

Okey Dokey I will try and find him. thanks for your help. Cant wait for thursday...

canada
Level Contributor
548 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone going to Melia Caribe Tropical willing to help me...

thanks campy means alot! you can usually find the animators on the beach all day long. if he's not working at the beginning of the week he'll be working by the end, or vice versa. thanks again, and I hope you have a fantastic holiday, make sure to tell me how you liked it upon return, I have no doubt you will love it! safe and haoppy travels,

islandgirl2

canada
Level Contributor
548 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone going to Melia Caribe Tropical willing to help me...

bump

canada
Level Contributor
548 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone going to Melia Caribe Tropical willing to help me...

bump again

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone going to Melia Caribe Tropical willing to help me...

islandgirl, I Just returned from my trip to Melia Caribe. It was windy the days we were there and I checked the beach a few times and there were no childrens activities going on. I asked a few people about Rodney they did not know. I'm sorry I was not more helpful. I am getting ready to write a review of the resort and to give you a hint about what I.m going to say, the negative reviews must be paid for by competeing hotels. Not a single thing went wrong. OOPs, the water in the pool was too cold for me. Thanks for your help before the trip.

canada
Level Contributor
548 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone going to Melia Caribe Tropical willing to help me...

campy, im glad you had a good time...it's hard not to isnt it! in a place such as beautiful as this. I agree that its hard to understand the negative reviews..but i guess everyone is different. Ah, thats too bad that you couldnt find the animators. Did you ask if he was at the resort and they simply didnt know? thanks for the effort anyway, its much appreciated.

islandgirl2

canada
Level Contributor
548 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: anyone going to Melia Caribe Tropical willing to help me...

anyone else able to help? if you are going soon and willing to help please let me know..I will give you my email address or vice versa so that I can give you the details on where to find him and who to ask so maybe its a little easier. I realize its alot to ask, but if anyone would be willing It would be really appreciated. thanks in advance anyone. Im looking forward and hoping for some replies.

islandgirl2