We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buildings/Rooms At bahia principe punta cana

Lancashire
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buildings/Rooms At bahia principe punta cana

Hello again,

I have another query about this hotel if traveling with First Choice ois there any way of upgrading the room to one close to the beach?

Thanks

daydreamin.....
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buildings/Rooms At bahia principe punta cana

Hi katgirlo7

I have the First Choice brochure in front of me and there is no mention of upgrades anywhere. Believe me I have scanned the pages from top to botom.

Also, you cannot book an upgraded room through their website so i assume that First Choice dont have any of these rooms allocated to them.

I take it you mean the 'gold' rooms that keep being mentioned? From the various reports I have read it appears that our Canadian Cousins have got 1st dibs on these.

You could e mail the resort a few weeks before you go and see if you can swing an uograde - it may help if you are celebrating a special occassion whilst you are on holiday. Of course if you are booking through a travel agent just tell em what you want, it doesnt hurst to try does it?

It would be intersting to see how you got on as we dont go until November this year, liek you flying with 1st Choice from Manchester

Did long distance with them in Star Class last year to Cancun and 33" pitch was great for me although still a tad tight for husband (6' 2"), so this year we are paying the extra and going Premium class.

Whatever/wherever you decide to go (yes Believe it or not I was looking at the Iberostar Hacienda as well), have a great time.

Roo1

Toronto
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buildings/Rooms At bahia principe punta cana

Kat. I don't think it matters who you are traveling with just ask about upgrading once you get to the resort.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Buildings/Rooms At bahia principe punta cana

If when you check-in, there is space in Club Golden (for the period you wish to be there) the hotel will be pleased to take your money and upgrade you.

Gregg

NYC
Level Contributor
365 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buildings/Rooms At bahia principe punta cana

Very true Gregg.

I booked the Gold Club online thru the Bahia website. The rooms are based on availability and not Nationality. I even requested a certain Villa and was contacted by Sales to confirm my request.

Katgirl should have no problem with upgrading once at the resort so long as it's not at full occupancy.

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Buildings/Rooms At bahia principe punta cana

My wife and I have had this same question about upgrading to be closer to the beach. Does anyone know if it is necessary or what the price to upgrade is? We will be at the Bahai in March.

NYC
Level Contributor
365 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buildings/Rooms At bahia principe punta cana

According to all that have stayed there, you will need to be either in the Gold or Diamond/Hacienda section to be close to the Beach.

You should go to their website www.bahia-principe.com to see the price differences. Just put in your dates and compare pricing, Gold or Hacienda versus Standard (or whatever they call them...)

If that doesnt help, try emailing them directly with your info.

Good Luck !

Vancouver, CANADA
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Buildings/Rooms At bahia principe punta cana

Hi everyone we too ill be at the bahia in march we also would like to upgrade if it is worth it i will post that question on the forum.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Buildings/Rooms At bahia principe punta cana

Thank you all for your feedback I willlet you no how i get on!

Happy Holidays

Katgirl

Lancashire
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Buildings/Rooms At bahia principe punta cana

I was also a little confused about the benefits upgrading to golden club.

Do you get access to more restaurants if so which ones and also access to more areas of the hotel.

Toronto
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Buildings/Rooms At bahia principe punta cana

Kat With Golden club, you get 4 al the carts. but all rooms are the same. It's the location that people want. These rooms are closest to the beach but keep in mind that there are over 10 buildings that are considered G.C. So if you plan on upgrading make sure you look at where it is on the map. There are other little things like robes, slippers and turn down service with little Chocolates left on your bed. We were there last month and had a great time. You should too.