We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Elegance and Teens in disco

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Elegance and Teens in disco

Hi all,

I have read that the Majestic Elegance allows teens 16 and over in the disco. Can anyone confirm? We are travelling with two teens this age and don't mind them in the disco (with us tagging along of course)

ontario
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Elegance and Teens in disco

As long as they have the same wristband as everyone else, there will be no issues with them going to the disco, or any of the bars for that matter.,,,it'll be up to you to police how much they drink though.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Elegance and Teens in disco

We've never been to the Elegance, but we were at the Palladium last Christmas with our two 15-year-olds (boys). They were allowed into the disco there. They were also served alcohol. They don't seem to have very strict liquor laws in the DR (or if they do they don't seem to take them very seriously).

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Elegance and Teens in disco

Thanks guys. I am not sure if they have the same color bracelets or not, i know at the Bahia last year they were not allowed in. We fully intend to go with them to watch them so would like them to be able to get in. I read the Ocean Sand gives different bracelets for diff ages and 16-18 get orange and they can go in the disco but not drink - brilliant!

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,952 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Elegance and Teens in disco

I don't think it's a matter of serving minors drinks but the fact that the bar tenders really have no idea you is and who is not of age at alot of resorts. As well have been to a lot of resorts where the parents send their children up to the bars to get drinks for them. Can you imagine the outcry there would be if the kids came back and said the bar tender wouldn't serve them!

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Elegance and Teens in disco

oh yes i can only imagine. When we were at the Bahia they were excellent. Kids never got served, at least not that i knew of :[

ontario
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Elegance and Teens in disco

I have a question----did you have to pay the same price for the kids as you did for adults? At the Bahia as well?

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Elegance and Teens in disco

Once kids are over 12 years old you almost always have to pay the adult rate.

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Elegance and Teens in disco

Yes they are all the same price. Where there is a little savings is putting three in a room.

ontario
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Elegance and Teens in disco

Thanks for answering my question.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Elegance and Teens in disco

Off topic, but this is one of the reasons we decided not to do an all-inclusive vacation this year. You have to pay adult rate for teenagers, but they can't drink (theoretically at least) and they sleep till noon so they always miss breakfast and sometimes lunch too (at least ours do). So this year we decided to rent a self-catering apartment. Never done this before, but it seemed like a better option with teenagers.