We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel for my wife to go topless?

Miami
Level Contributor
406 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel for my wife to go topless?

I want to surprise my wife with a trip to Punta Cana this year.

She enjoys topless bathing, but I don't want to offend any conservative parents who have brought their minor children with them.

Of all the hotels in PC, where is topless bathing most openly practised? Thanks.

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel for my wife to go topless?

Carly2000 wife and i have been to DR 5 times and alot of European women tan topless @ the pool and the beach....

Last time wife and i were in Punta Cana brought her sister's daughter with us for a week she was 10 and after we checked in to our room (RIU Bambo) her niece wanted to go for a swim in the pool so we all went...As her niece is about to jump in the pool a twentysomthin blonde who was topless gets out of the pool...well her niece's eyes bulged out and she runs over to my wife and said you guys brought me to the Playboy Mansion !! wife and i still laugh about it..

Safe Travels...Jimmy

Boston
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel for my wife to go topless?

I would strongly suggest Secrets Excellence. It is for adults only..I visited in December and there were quite a few topless women. The beach was better for me on this since there was more privacy than at the pool.

Have fun !

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
98 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel for my wife to go topless?

Was no big deal at Paradisus PC either. There are some children at the resort but topless bathing was restricted to the beach so was not in any way offensive

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel for my wife to go topless?

Secrets excellence. Hands down. It is the only place my wife has ever gone topless.The resort is fabulous, and adults only. No one will batt an eye if she goes topless. My wife has the figure to topless anywhere in the world, but Secrets is the first place she ever felt comforatable enough to do it. There were topless sunbathers at both the beach and the pool.If you are going to surprise your wife, you might as well go first class.

Paul G.

maryland
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel for my wife to go topless?

the pool in my back yard

no, but seriously Secrets is the way to go i've been to both Secrets and Paridisus and it was much more romantic and quiet at Secrets and you feel much more relaxed without peoples kids running amuck

Toronto
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel for my wife to go topless?

Isn't it odd that many parents will allow their children to want violent movies and play violent video games, but they will not let them see female breasts in a non-sexual setting. Kids are offended only if their parents make them feel that way. Most European children are very comfortable in topless beaches.

Ontario
Level Contributor
297 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel for my wife to go topless?

LTI Beach Resort,

Your wife would certainly be comfortable topless, both pool side and beach.It's a german owned resort so the majority of folks are topless and speedo clad.

The Cayena section is great.

Hope you find what your looking for.

Cheers

Miami
Level Contributor
406 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best hotel for my wife to go topless?

OhTwins, I absolutely agree with you. Most people in the U.S. have double standards.

They don't hesitate to buy violent video games and movies for their children, but they are offended by a female bathing topless and minding her business.

Technically, female breasts are not sexual organs. I know that in Toronto it is legal for women to go topless at any beach.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
938 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best hotel for my wife to go topless?

Carly2000...just for the record...your wife can go topless at any resort I'm at...just let me know your schedule...sorry...no offense...just couldn't resist....

I think the law in Toronto reads that any female of age of majority(19 in Ontario) can go topless as long as her breasts are not displayed in a sexual manner(how's that for interperative...)

10. Re: Best hotel for my wife to go topless?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:09 pm, January 13, 2006