We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PC Princess vs Tropical Princess? Upgrades possible?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
PC Princess vs Tropical Princess? Upgrades possible?

I missed my chance on PC Princess and was wondering if Tropical Princess would still please me - Nice beach, good food, cozy resort? Also with some sweet talking are upgrades possible from the TP to the PC Princess skipping the Caribe Club Princess or do they only upgrade to the CCPrincess?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: PC Princess vs Tropical Princess? Upgrades possible?

stargirl01: Everything I have heard for any resort is long pants at the a la carte restaurants for men but not at the buffet. I guess we will be there at the same time, we leave Sunday morning (22nd).

Anyone else going next weekend? So far we have Noel, me, and stargirl01...Drinks at the bar anyone?

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: PC Princess vs Tropical Princess? Upgrades possible?

We just returned from the PCP and ate some of our meals at the Caribe. You have to have long pants but my husband wore snadals after seeing many other men doing so. The Caribe is big and was not to our liking. It was nicee to eat there as they have some great restaurants but we enjoyed the PCP much more- small and personable.

Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: PC Princess vs Tropical Princess? Upgrades possible?

It seems as though the Tropical Princess is combined with the Caribe Club Princess, and maybe one other one? Can we use the facilities at any of them? Not so much worried about the a la carts,,more the buffets, pools etc.

thanks!

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: PC Princess vs Tropical Princess? Upgrades possible?

The Caribe and Troopical Princess are two resorts in one. You have access to all anemities on that resort but do not have access to facilities at the Punta Cana Princess. If you are staying at the PCP, you have access to all three resorts. Most of the A La Cartes are at the Caribe/Tropical. The spa is a facility for all three resorts.

Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: PC Princess vs Tropical Princess? Upgrades possible?

Thanks for the help stressed!

Bottom Line it for me-are you glad you went, and would you go back? As long as the sun is shining, we are good to go!

ps-were there alot of North Americans there, or was it a more European resort? Just curious.

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
127 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: PC Princess vs Tropical Princess? Upgrades possible?

Sorry for the delay in replying.. my computer decided it was taking a week off!

No matter where you go, remember to bring snacks. You can get food most of the time, from early morning to late at night but we always bring snacks: cashews, Pringles/Lays, jujubes, granola bars etc.

We loved the PCP so much, this year was our second trip there (the first time was at the RIU Taino which is also really nice)

You will see a lot of Canucks at the PCP as well as Spaniards and some Americans, but we found Canadians to be the largest group.

As far as requesting a room in the 5000 block, I emailed the hotel twice before we arrived and it didn't help - we were in the 2000 block but then decided to upgrade to VIP and were put in the 5000. It was nice, but honestly, our room last year had a better view and that was on the 3rd floor of the 3000 block. Just because it's in the 5000 block, doesn't mean it has an ocean view, but it is closer to the pool and the beach. My husband liked the location, but I prefered sitting on the balcony back in block 3000.

It's a great place, nice and clean, small (less than 300 rooms) and quiet.

My husband already told the people at the front desk we would be back again next year!!

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: PC Princess vs Tropical Princess? Upgrades possible?

We were very happy with the PCP resort and would not hestitate to go back at all. The staff are all very hard working and a pleasure to visit with. We are not fussy people. Even if it is a different country there is always something you can find to eat. We had the VIP upgrade and I think we would get it again. I was not fussy about the Presidente beer- just my tastebuds - and with the VIP, our fridge was stocked with Budweiser beer and we got it at all bars. We could not get it at the Caribe although they had Miller's and Heneike. We were in the 5000 block but really all the buildings are in a good location. We had excellent access to the beach and pool bars where we were. You will absolutely enjoy yourself. Have fun.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: PC Princess vs Tropical Princess? Upgrades possible?

Stargirl,

When we were there, it was a pretty good mix of all nationalities. We didn't find anyone over-demanding or rude. Everyone was there for the same reason- a great getaway in the sun. It does make it a little difficult at times with communication but rememeber music is a universal language- if you can;t understand, then just dance!LOL

There were a lot of Canadians.