We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far is bahia

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
how far is bahia

is bahia very far from airport ???

montreal
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how far is bahia

We arrives at 5 pm the afternoon and it took 1 hre from the airport to the hotel. But it took only 30 min. when we came back (less traffic). NIce trip..

chicago
Level Contributor
331 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how far is bahia

not far. about 30 mins. if you have hotel transfers - depends on how many resorts your bus stops at.

Toronto
Level Contributor
649 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how far is bahia

Of those of you who have stayed at the Bahia, does it usually make stops at other resorts??? I was expecting because of the size it would go directly there???? I know with the RIUs we would stop at a few in the RIU complex before arriving at the Palace but no other resorts.

Toronto
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how far is bahia

We have been twice and never did we stop at any other resorts. But the first time we went the bus had been somewhere else before it picked us up. It's about 30 minutes to the airport. Hope this helps.

montreal
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how far is bahia

It did make one stop at the iberostar

Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: how far is bahia

has everyone been happy at this resort??? ..would like to stay at iberostar bavaro but cant afford it ...looking into ocean bavaro...bahia principe...grand flamenco (a lilttle scared about tht one )...also poss breezes ...very confusing and trying to decide ???

Vancouver bc
Level Contributor
331 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how far is bahia

We stayed at the Bahia PRincipe last year and it was beautiful had great rooms and the food was good. I would go back.

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how far is bahia

VERY, VERY, VERY happy with this resort!!!

I've been to the DR 9 times, and other AI in the Caribbean.. this resort is great!!!

One of the best accomodations (in AI category), great food and lots of fun at night, if you are into partying!.. The parting takes place just outside of the lobby in a special town suare build specifically for that..

The staff is amazing, the beach absolutely gorgeous, and the pools... HUGE and warm

There are families there, couples and singles.. so whatever kind of friends you wanna make, it will happen!

You would have to be extremely picky not to have a GREAT time at this place.

I highly recommend it, and I will be returning..

Gran Flamenco.. is a bit older and rooms not so great, one of our friends went to stay there for a couple of days (from BAhia) and when he returned he said there was absolutely no comparison.. Bahia rocks!!

It was his first time in the DR, he usually vacations at Atlantis in the Bahamas, and he said he will return to BAhia for sure!!

So do not worry!!! You will be fine!

Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: how far is bahia

bella what about ocean bavaro hear anything good for that one

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
719 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how far is bahia

Hi Mel1077,

We stayed at the Ocean Bavaro a couple of years ago and although we had a great time and the resort was very nice we would not return. We found that we had a hard time to eat at this resort as the buffet restaurants ar not air-conditioned so after sitting in the sun for awhile then entering a hot restaurant kind of took our appetites away. We were there for two weeks and lost weight while on vacation. We have since gone to the Grand Palladium and loved the resort. So many more choices and all buffets air-conditioned. The cleanest resort and it has all been recently upgraded so it is magnificient. We are returning again this April for two weeks. We have never been to the Bahia but have heard great things about it as well.