We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad Weather Scare!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
4 posts
Save Topic
Bad Weather Scare!

I'm leaving for Secrets on January 2nd and it looks like it will rain for the first two days. Of course, I'm reading weather.com and I realize that is not the most reliable source. Nevertheless, I'm disturbed. What do you do if it rains a lot in Punta Cana? For those of you who have been there a bunch of times, does it rain often in January?

Illinois
Level Contributor
283 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bad Weather Scare!

Usually showers are brief if you have them. I know that I worry about that too but until last year I have never experienced a totally rainy day. When this happened last year they had movies in the main entertainment area. Also just read and watched tv. Socialized in the bars..etc. Just try to make the most of it. I just told myself it was still better than shoveling snow.

henderson
Level Contributor
778 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bad Weather Scare!

we were there first part of December and did have a full day of rain...we were glad we brought along a deck of cards...we sat in the bar...played cards, drank all different drinks and sucked up the music...it turned out to be a fun day after all...there were quite a few people that had cards, UNO or Skipbo or scrabble along...a few had Dice along....usually (at least our other 3 trips in December ) we only had sunshowers so we were suprised that we had that much rain...good luck!! Have a fun vacation!

New Jersey
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bad Weather Scare!

Thanks for the feedback Diane & Jeff - I appreciate it.