We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riu bambu

ras
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
riu bambu

thinking of booking the riu bambu anybody got any comments good or bad.would appreciate input.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: riu bambu

My husband and I and another couple stayed in the Riu complex in January, 2004. We stayed at the Taino, but visited all of the other hotels in the complex. I must say that the Bambu was our favorite. The Bambu has an attractive pool and nicer bars. We found the food to be average (edible).

The Riu attracts many European visitors. While we enjoyed the diversity, it was difficult to communicate with other guests.

We are leaving for Punta Cana in 15 days...staying at Secrets Excellence...can't wait. From the reviews that I have read and the personal conversations that I have had with people that have stayed at Secrets, Secrets is a much nicer resort than the Riu.

Secrets is more expensive, but if you can "swing" the extra $...book Secrets.

BRENDA

Toronto
Level Contributor
649 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: riu bambu

Well in my opinion the RIU Palace Macao is a much nicer resort than Secrets ---especially when it comes to the beach. But really it is different strokes for different folks---part of me feels that the appeal to Secrets would be the adults only status!! Just my two cents worth