We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter rides, not transfers from airport

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
127 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Helicopter rides, not transfers from airport

Can anyone tell me about helicopter tours in PC? Last year we could see the helicopters going back and forth, specially when we went horsebacking riding. It looked really neat and I would like to surprise my husband with that this year.

It wasn't on the usual list of tours offered during the SUNQUEST (Canadian)briefing.

Any info on prices, duration etc would be greatly appreciated. Only 5 sleeps to go!

Stayhappyrd
Sightseeing Tours
Punta Cana Mike's Private Dominican Adventure
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
CultourAll
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
MINItoursDR
Sightseeing Tours
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter rides, not transfers from airport

We took the Helidosa helicopter from the airport to secrets, cost $144.00 per person one way. It was incredible. I have their brochure on my desk. They also fly to Santo Domingo, Lo Romana, Puerto Plata, Samana, Isla Saona, prices vary depending on where you are going.

Here is the contact info:

helidosa1@verizon.net.do

www.helidosa.com (this web site was not working a few weeks ago - I am not sure if it is fixed yet)

809-688-0744 for the Punta Cana area, also list numbers for Punta Cana as 809-553-6066 and 809-552-6069.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Plata
Puerto Plata
Dominican Republic
Isla Saona
Isla Saona
Dominican Republic
Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
127 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter rides, not transfers from airport

Thanks EMTlady.

I will contact them to see if they do tours in addition to the airport transfers.

uk
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter rides, not transfers from airport

If you go to your holiday rep when you get to the hotel and ask about the helicopter rides they should be able to sort it for you.. We went to PC in october and had a helicopter ride, we had 20 mins which was long enough if you have anything less than that it probably wouldn't be enough as it went so quick, but would definitley recommend doing it and we will probably do it again if we go back to PC...

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
127 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter rides, not transfers from airport

thanks very much. Only 3 more sleeps and we are off!