We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunscape Beach

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunscape Beach

I just returned from Sunscape Beach and I can honestly say it was the best holiday I have had in a long time. The resort is amazing. I can't say enough about the service and the people. The entertainment team was one of the best around and I travel to different countries every year. The food was good... you could get anything you wanted. The bakery table at breakfast was the best. I think I put on a couple of pounds.

This trip was so good that I have booked a trip to Sunscape Beach on March 12th. Going back!!!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
479 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunscape Beach

Glad to hear. Thanks for such a positive report.

Any tips for someone who will be there soon?

:-) 2 Weeks to go & counting...

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunscape Beach

Go with a positive attitude. It is a new resort, so there may be some things that do not run smoothly, like checking in. We had to wait 2 hours before we could get our rooms. We went to eat and walked the resort and had a few drinks... then our rooms were ready. We brought things for the maids and the minibar man... they were so appreciative of this and they made sure that our fridge was stocked and we always had plenty of towels... I think just being happy made a difference...I was just so happy to be there... and I guess it showed. I usually go to Cuba every year and believe me this resort is a lot better then the one I stay at in Cuba... that is why I am returning during our March Break. You will have an awesome time.. I can't wait to go back.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
479 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunscape Beach

Thanks DancingQueen.

I've been to Cuba several times too. How does the beach/ocean @ Sunscape compare to Varadero ? I loved the colour & temperature of the water there. I don't mind some waves, but is it too strong to swim in?

:-)

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,982 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunscape Beach

How do the restaurants work? Do they tell you when to come back to be seated, give you a beeper, or you just wait in line?

What time are best for eating? Does it help to tip to get a seat?

How late can you go to a restaurant? Any other tip as far as having dinner? Thanks

Fort Drum, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunscape Beach

I would like to know the same as work2travel, lol, but I want waves! Can you boogie board? Or can you rent boogie boards.

Moncton
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunscape Beach

Charlies Angels

Moncton NB, Canada

What about the mosquito situation? Were debating on the malaria meds.

We arriving the 14th of march, so we might see you. (We are a group of 17)

How full was the resort while you were there, and was there any power problems while you were there?

Moncton
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunscape Beach

Charlies Angels

Moncton NB, Canada

What about the mosquito situation? Were debating on the malaria meds.

We arriving the 14th of march, so we might see you. (We are a group of 17)

How full was the resort while you were there, and was there any power problems while you were there?

Windsor, Ontario
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunscape Beach

The restaurants generally do one or two seatings. All the meals are 5 course so your there for a bit. If you show up to the a la carte restaurants at 630 right when they open (they say 730 not true) you will never have a problem. Certain restaurants are open certain nights, so ask to find out before you make plans. I believe the restaurants are open from 730-930.

As for the mosquito situation, never seen a single one all week long at the resort. The only time we ran into misquito's was horse back riding through the jungle ( yeah it probably wasnt our brightest idea). I would still take the meds, you catch malaria it's lies dormant in your body forever.

This resort is absolutely amazing for bogey boarding. The resort supplies boards for free for an hour at a time and there is never a problem getting a board. The best place to go bogey boarding is to walk about 5 mins down the beach to your right facing the water. (a right from where you get the boards) If you walk down to where the palm tree stump goes from in the sand to the ledge (an upside down U) the waves are huge. The last day they were probably around 8-10 feet. It was amazing for bogey boarding. Also dont go in the water directly in front of the resort because its full of coral. Walk 5 mins either way and your good.

As for the rest of the people who complain about this resort and give it negative reviews, I think you have some serious issues and a pessimistic view of the world in general. This resort is fantastic. We never had any problems all week jan 1st-8th. The pool was great, the room was great, the food was great, the theathre was great, the drinks were great and the people are extremelly friendly and try very hard to please. The only negative comment I can make is the slow check in and check out. But you must remember, your not in the fast pased North American life, your in Dominican. 1 Dominican minute = 10 North American minutes.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunscape Beach

bsemande,

Obviously you were not there when the problems existed so stop negating what others said about their trip.

We could just as easily say that you are one the people who work for Apple or Sugnature who are now frequenting this board with false reports.

If you had a wonderful time - great. That does not mean that people who were there before you didn't have legitimate problems that made their holiday a nightmare.

cleveland, oh
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunscape Beach

Jakemister - I understand your frustration, but the problems with the resort are fixed, for the most part - i even experienced a couple of the issues you faced - really no big deal - the resort was lovely and the people were extremely kind and helpful - a positive attitude makes a difference - you should not go to a new resort - it seems that everything needs to be perfect for you.

Everyone else planning to go to Sunscape - I'm envious - I wish I could go back there now - it was WONDERFUL!!!