We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back tonight from Bahia Principe.......any...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
293 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back tonight from Bahia Principe.......any...

Just got back tonight from Bahia Principe, everyone in our group of 10 loved it. We were in the Golden section......any questions?

Barrie, Ontario
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back tonight from Bahia Principe.......any...

Was the resort booked solid?

What was the buffet like? As I have two kids and they don't like to sit still to long at the a la cartes.

What was the mix like; mostly europeans or americans or canadians?

Any truth to the bed bug rumours?

Any mosquitos?

If I think of anymore questions I'll post them later.

Thanks again!

Stony Plain, Alberta
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back tonight from Bahia Principe.......any...

I'm going in March...I'm wondering since I'm on the Punta Cana side is the villa #1 the best one to have for the view?

Did you hang out more at the pool or the beach. I'm a pool person and like the activites pool is there lots of activities at the pool or is it split between the beach and the pool?

Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
293 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back tonight from Bahia Principe.......any...

*Was the resort booked solid?

YEP

*What was the buffet like? As I have two kids and they don't like to sit still to long at the a la cartes.

The a la cartes had you n and out in less then an hour. We did 6 and they were super quick....lots of choices at the buffet. The main on has the most.

*What was the mix like; mostly europeans or americans or canadians?

Europeans were by far the majority, then canadians.......especially in the Golden club rooms and very few americans.

Any truth to the bed bug rumours?

Any mosquitos?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
293 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back tonight from Bahia Principe.......any...

*I'm going in March...I'm wondering since I'm on the Punta Cana side is the villa #1 the best one to have for the view?

Yes, Villa one has the best view if you are on the side that houses room numbers 1106.1105.1104.1103.1102.1101 ditto upstairs.There are two enterances to the villa's the front side and the back enterance

I was in 1106 it was the best location the closest possible room to the beach and the pool. These are golden club rooms.

*Did you hang out more at the pool or the beach. I'm a pool person and like the activites pool is there lots of activities at the pool or is it split between the beach and the pool?

More the pool, but the Golden Club pool. The main pool had more activites and they had some at the beach also.

Stony Plain, Alberta
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back tonight from Bahia Principe.......any...

Was room #1106 on the lower level....I'm gonna try and request a room on the 2nd or third level.....to keep the bugs down. When we were in mexico we had a main level room and we had to keep a towel by the door to keep the bugs out. It wasn't bad or anything but I would rather I not have to do that. One night we had a little crab in our room. It was kind of funny...since we had just gotten back from the disco and had a few drinks and here we are trying to catch this crab, who was very sneaky might I add :o)

So you got villa #1, how far in advance did you book your trip to the Bahia?

Thanks,

Joanne

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
293 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got back tonight from Bahia Principe.......any...

1106 was ours, I had the same concerns about bugs, out of the 5 rooms our group occupied in that villa we didn't see one bug. We were all on the ground floor. There is a restaurant across the pathway, so I would imagine that the bugs would flock that direction. So not a problem, I was looking.......hate bugs.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
293 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just got back tonight from Bahia Principe.......any...

opps, fogot to answer this one.......We booked 9 months ago but we were going to the Mayan and 3 weeks before we left they told us to switch reosrts. We picked Bahia and I sent an e-mail two weeks before I left requesting Villa one, second floor room.....they responded the same day. Villa one only has 2 floors, it looked to be the smallest villa. All other villas were three storey and had more suites.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
293 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just got back tonight from Bahia Principe.......any...

also, it appeared that the ground floor is Saturday to Saturday guests.....not sure about upper floor.

Stony Plain, Alberta
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just got back tonight from Bahia Principe.......any...

Yah we booked this in early Ocotber and we arrive on a Thursday so hopefully we get an upper level room. My travel agent sent the resort an e-mail requesting this for me but it was so long ago I'm not sure if it's gonna matter. I'll send an e-mail myself two weeks before we go just to make sure.

Would you go back to the Bahia in PC?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
293 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just got back tonight from Bahia Principe.......any...

in a heart beat!