We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed right now - PLEASE READ!!!!!

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Topic
Help needed right now - PLEASE READ!!!!!

I'm scheduled to leave for PC tomorrow morning and my birth certificate is MISSING! My husband has his but mine is no where to be found. We always keep them in the same place but for some unknown reason mine isn't here.

Do they check EVERYONE'S birth certificate when you arrive in PC? Can I use my marriage certificate?

Please respond!

Thanks!

Vancouver BC
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed right now - PLEASE READ!!!!!

marriage certificate should work. No passport? Driver license. Good luck!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed right now - PLEASE READ!!!!!

You need proof of citizenship.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed right now - PLEASE READ!!!!!

How scary RI Girl! You may have to be the one to tell us after you get through it all. I wouldn't want to be in your position.

I don't know that it's just landing in PC that's the problem, but potentially departing the US as well. They start asking for appropriate ID right from check in, then going through security, then boarding the aircraft. I wonder at which point they'd start to give you grief.

Bring all government issue ID that you have. A photo ID and other supporting documents as well (including your marriage certificate). I wish you the very best.

Kaki

Ottawa
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed right now - PLEASE READ!!!!!

Make sure you bring a government id card with photo (if you work for the federal government this would probably do) and your valid drivers license. This happened to me when I went on a cruise and my passport had expired. I gave them my gov't. id card and my drivers license with my picture and it worked. GOOD LUCK. HAVE FUN WHEN YOU GET THERE AND LET US KNOW.

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help needed right now - PLEASE READ!!!!!

Wow...you must be frantic...we had passports and they were checking everyone. To apply for a passport you need the signature and stamp of a guarantor...is it possible for you to get someone to maybe write a note saying they've known you for so many years (ceritified accountant, minister etc) maybe sign a picture of you too?...that along with your marriage certificate? I don't know....Good luck!

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help needed right now - PLEASE READ!!!!!

Thanks everyone!

I finally got ahold of the airlines and told them what happened. They made a note of it and told me to bring my license, marriage certificate and anything else that I think would help. I don't have any work ID - I'm a stay-at-home-mom. I'm bringing a paid mortgage bill and a paid auto ins. bill. Both of these have my husband's name on them as well. The airlines said because I told them ahead of time, I would be able to go. It's when you show up last minute frantic they might give you a hard(er) time.

I am SOOOO relieved! Hubby and I haven't been on vacation together in 9 years so this is LONG overdue! Now I wasted an entire evening searching for my elusive birth certificate and I still have some things to do around the house. Thank you SO much for all your quick replies!!! I wish I could hug you!

I'll let you all know how it was when I get back. Thanks again!

San Diego
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help needed right now - PLEASE READ!!!!!

you need passaport

Vancouver
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help needed right now - PLEASE READ!!!!!

My wife did the same thing. A lawyer or notary can sign and stamp a letter declaring your citizenship

st thomas ontario
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help needed right now - PLEASE READ!!!!!

My husband forgot his BC when we went on our honeymoon. My advice is to arrive VERY early at the airport, that way if there is a problem they will call a notary public for you and they will give you temporary id. It cost us 100 canadian. Good luck

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help needed right now - PLEASE READ!!!!!

I trust our travelers are well on their way by now--maybe even in PC already! I hope it went well for them and goes as smoothly on their return.

Kaki