We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comments invited re Sirenis

UK
Level Contributor
376 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Comments invited re Sirenis

I'm leaving in 2 days and going to Sirenis Tropical. What was supposed to be a chill holiday is turning out to be a dreaded one. There are so many negative comments...its frightening!

How bad is it? BAD/ SAD/ UGLY/ or ABSOLUTELY OFFENSIVE????

Aurora, Ontario
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Comments invited re Sirenis

We got back last week. If You expect 4+, a major disappointment. If 2.5 - 3* OK for you, you might be OK. We have serious issues with Sunquest re their ratings and descriptions of this resort.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comments invited re Sirenis

I know alot can change in 2 years but when we went with our 2 young girls it was great. Good food, clean rooms and the people were always friendly. The pool is amazing, beach clean, water clear and lots of lounges to choose from. We are thinking of going back this year if it comes up on last minute again. It was a long bus ride but thats what gravol is for. They even had a microwave at the buffet to make the bacon crispier !

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
614 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comments invited re Sirenis

And a lot has changed. We went there in the spring 2003, and it was spectacular. Unfortunately, something went wrong since then. The food service they use now has changed for sure. In two years, it seems that 10 years without mainenance went by. Unfortunately, latest reviews are accurate, as you will find out. To have a good time, dont have high expectations. Take it for what it is - a 3* - and it will be fine. After all, you get what you pay for.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
614 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comments invited re Sirenis

Some tips for Sirenis. Bring bug repellant - it is a must at night. Get a room at upper levels - not as many ants and critters. Get a safe key - $2/day - keep ALL your valuables and documents there, incl. cameras and watches. Make sure that plumbing works before using the toilet. No hot meals between 10:00-12, 3-7 and after 10pm. Demand that your room is cleaned at least before 5PM, and that clean towels and toiletries are provided. Bring some books in case the weather is lousy - there are no activities during bad weather.

UK
Level Contributor
376 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comments invited re Sirenis

Thanks to everyone for your input.

Hotmack: Apart from shabby interiors, was everything clean? Also what snacks/food are there in between meal times?

Thansk for your help.

Aurora, Ontario
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Comments invited re Sirenis

Our room was relatively clean, after it was cleaned - usually late in the day. Often, for soap, shampoo andfresh bedsheets daily, you will have to call front desk.

Main restaurant and a-la-cartes are clean and well maintained. Lunch restaurants are not.

Grounds are messy at times, lots of debree in the lagoon and grass is not mowed often.

Between-meal snacks: nothing between 10am and noon. Between 3pm and dinner (7pm) only pancakes with variety of sweet syrups and fruits. After 10PM - white bread with cheez-wiz substance and ham plus fruits (no pizza or anything hot).

UK
Level Contributor
376 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Comments invited re Sirenis

Thx Hotmack. It certainly doesn't sound good. Just hope its barable.

I'll write a review when we

get back.

Aurora, Ontario
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Comments invited re Sirenis

Just be positive and make the best out of it, and you will have a good time. The crowd at the resort is very upbeat and fun. Try to eat at a-la-cartes as much as possible - although not great, at least some variety there. Also, if you have any electronics with adaptor plugs, take a cheap simple household extension cord.

U.K
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Comments invited re Sirenis

Hello,

I have just got back from Punta Cana.

Originally I was booked in at this hotel but I was disappointed with it.

While I was in DR I posted a review as I knew there was another family going to this resort very soon.

I got moved to the Punta Cana Princess while I was there I spoke to a couple who said they always go to the Serenis Coctal Beach Resort but had got a late deal to the Punta Cana Princess.

They said they were there last year about October and have been there several times before they said it was fantastic.

When I described what I had seen they said it must have gone down hill since then.

I don`t know whether they are running it down or not but we hardly saw any staff and those we did did not acknowledge anyone.

Are you used to going to 5* Hotels because if you are you could be disappointed?

While we were there we met a young couple on there honeymoon they thought it was really nice but it was there 1st 5* hotel they had been to.

When you have experienced other 5* Hotels around the world them you would find this disappointing.

All I can say is if it doesn`t meet your standards then ask your rep for a hotel move to something that resembles a 5*.

They do exist on the DR as another guest at the Sirenis said the hotel he went last yaer which was rated a 4*, in the DR was fantastic(He was very disappointed with the Sirenis).

I hope you have a wonderful holiday & the Sirenis meets your expectations, if not you know what to do.

Take no excuses,get a move and you should be o.k.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
Punta Cana Princess All...
6,312 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Aurora, Ontario
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Comments invited re Sirenis

Excellent idea, Pinkparrot. Wish we knew it was possible to move. Sunquest rep there, Simon, listened to our concerns with no emotion and promised to write a report, thats all. He avoided us since. I would definitely encourage people to demand Sunquest provide them with expected vacation. If enough people do that, they will have to downgrade this place to what it is, so it can be avoided.