We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meal System at Sunscape Casa Del Mar

New York
14 posts
Save Topic
Meal System at Sunscape Casa Del Mar

Hi -

My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon to Punta Cana. We love Sunscape CDM, but read conflicting info on the meal system. We want an all-inclusive resort, but read that Sunscape CDM has a coupon system, that all meals/restaurants are not included, and other non-inclusive type info. Can anyone clarify the the food plan at CDM?

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,069 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meal System at Sunscape Casa Del Mar

Hey Ready!

I am very curious where you read this info and how it can be so conflicting. Can you provide me with a link please?

CDM is totally AI like any other AI. There used to be the Jungle Bar in a recess on the beach which was over and above the AI but I am advised that it is currently not being used which means that all restaurants are included. I have never needed to go to the Jungle Bar anyway since the other dining options provide more than enough. I am unsure of the coupons that you are referring to. There may be some funky new system put in place that I haven't heard of. All restaurants and room service are included in your price of admission and the a la cartes have no restrictions on the number of visits and reservations are not required.

Kaki

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meal System at Sunscape Casa Del Mar

Hi Ready,

The Ala Cartes, Saona Grill, Di Marios and Asian along with the Buffet are all included in your price.

photoshow.comcast.net/maryweil/casa_del_mar

If you copy and paste the above link it will take you to my photoshows of Casa Del Mar and you can see what you have to look forward to. I LOVE the food at CDM.

all the best,

baltobabe/mt

New York
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Meal System at Sunscape Casa Del Mar

Great, thanks for the info!

I was reading about CDM on Apple tours; on their description of the resort, the dining options fell under a coupon system. But thanks for clearing the confusion up!

I'll take a look at the pictures...

- by the way: were those pictures pre-Hurricane Wilma? I heard the storm caused some damage to the area.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,069 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meal System at Sunscape Casa Del Mar

There was no damage to Casa del Mar (nor any of the other south coast resorts) this year. They had some rain but no storms hit the area (and the island) directly. Spared for 2005!

Kaki

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meal System at Sunscape Casa Del Mar

Hi Ready to Honeymoon, The picture shows of Casa Del Mar were taken January, April and August all of this year. I hope you have had a chance to enjoy them. I am counting my days until I get back and can order my "orgasmic Baby Beef" MMMM! YUM!

all the best,

baltobabe/mt