We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top few thing to bring to Secrets ?

Boston
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Top few thing to bring to Secrets ?

Leaving for Secrets Excellence soon. I've been reading a lot about musty smelling rooms in Punta Cana, bugs, lack of wash cloths, etc. Are these things to be concerned about at Secrets ? Should I bring the scented candle and dryer sheets (and other things suggested) to Secrets Excellence ?

Thanks

P.S. Tipping $ is essential, I know....:)

allentown,pa
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Top few thing to bring to Secrets ?

claudius,

I have never had a smelly room, always had plenty of washcloths and never needed bug spray. When ya leaving? We leave the 10th for our 4th trip to secrets. I always take a couple candles to but around the jacuzzi. Have a good one,enjoy. Mary

Canada
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top few thing to bring to Secrets ?

Tipping is not essential but ver much appreciated.

Boston
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top few thing to bring to Secrets ?

Hi,

We are leaving this Sunday !!! I am bringing a bunch of sample sized bath gel, lotion, etc for the people who clean the room. I have read that you should bring your own pillow, but wouldn't think this needed at Secrets...?

Can you request an upgrade when you check in ?

Thanks !!!

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top few thing to bring to Secrets ?

You can always request an upgrade. Have you ever been to any of AMRESORTS properties? If so let them know in advance.

Like the others stated, we have never had a lack of facecloths, or a musty room. Our 5th trip is in 18 days. I can say that we have had problems with sand fleas on 2 of our trips. Both of them in August. Never had a problem any other time of year.

Something to take is school supplies for the workers children. They are costly in the DR.

Kevin

Boston
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top few thing to bring to Secrets ?

School supplies - a good idea.

Is it ok for me to wear short sleeved collered shirt (polo) to restaurants ?

Thanks...

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top few thing to bring to Secrets ?

Yes, You can wear a short sleeve golf shirt. I wore them a couple of weeks ago. As a previous poster said, bring candles if you like them for the jacuzzi. We brought candles, and bath salts and bribed a bartender to give us a couple of bottles champagne. We enjoyed a quiet evening alone in our room sipping champagne in the jacuzzi.

Our room was not musty, and we had no bugs in the room or anywhere else for that matter. We also had more than enough wash cloths. We brought bug spray, but never used it.

Paul G.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top few thing to bring to Secrets ?

Bring all your toiletries and womans products.

I had to purchase tampons at the drugstore and they were $20.oo US for 6 of them.....

Boston
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top few thing to bring to Secrets ?

Never having been to an all-inclusive (except for cruise)...as far as a room upgrade, do you email the hotel before arriving (I emailed them another question in Spanish and got a quick response) and will it cost extra ? (Sorry to sound so ignorant.)

Thanks !

allentown,pa
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Top few thing to bring to Secrets ?

claudius, may I ask what email address you are using. I emailed over 2 weeks ago and have gotten no response. Thanks,

Mary

Boston
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Top few thing to bring to Secrets ?

I used this email address and wrote my question in Spanish. If you don't know Spanish, you can use free online translation services (don't know any off-hand but have used them).

info@secretsexcellence.com.do