We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good House wine in PC????

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Good House wine in PC????

Hi,

Does someone know what 4-5 stars hotel in Punta Cana would have good house wine (especially red)?

We like red wine and would not want to pay extra for a drinkable red or white wine in an AI.

Please reply in this posting.

Thanks!

Sheboygan, Wi
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good House wine in PC????

Hola! Sorrry to say but the D.R. doesn't really offer much in the wine dept. Good wine has to imported and is pretty expensive.

Good Luck!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,009 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good House wine in PC????

The only all-inclusive I have been to that offers decent house wine is Secrets. The have brands like Concha y Torro. Plus you can pay to upgrade.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Good House wine in PC????

Cajun,

You could decide to really splurge and go to the new Sivory Resort. Included in their AI "Sivory" plan is:

"A selection of choice house wines in your suite."

But it would be expensive...

Gregg

Level Contributor
138 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good House wine in PC????

Myself, I wouldnt base the whole decision on the house wine. I dont think Punta Cana is about that. The experts will know but Id be shocked if a "decent house wine" didnt ratchet up the overall cost a lot.

But keep your eyes open ....

Maybe not exactly a house wine, but as you like red wine .... I'll mention

when we were there a couple of years ago we did find Muga Reserva 99 (I think it was) at a pretty good price - at least by Canadian standards! - on the list at the steak resto in Natura Park. And I think I saw it in the supermarket at the tourist village by Capt Cook resto (sorry cant be more precise on location). So - keep your eyes open.

Their house wines were pretty basic [they seemed to flip between two versions, unamed as they were served in carafes, one quite drinkable one more or less so].

Then theres the 'wine of the country' - we really liked the Caipirinhas, and didnt drink so much wine other than a glass (or 2 -LOL) with a meal.