We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private or somewhate private beach at Palladium Bavaro...

10 posts
Save Topic
Private or somewhate private beach at Palladium Bavaro...

Is there any area that you can walk from this resort that is private or somewhat private? If so what direction do you walk when you are looking at the ocean? Any other suggestions or recommendations for this resort? This is our 1st time to Punta Cana. We normally go to Playa del Carmen but due to the hurricane we didn't want to chance it, and this was rated as being as close to Mexico as we can get. We are leaving on Saturday 12/3 for a week returning 12/10. Thanks for your help!!

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
719 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private or somewhate private beach at Palladium Bavaro...

Not really sure what you are asking by private beach. Each resort has its own beach frontage which is used by guests only. The Palladium resorts have over 1 mile of beach frontage. If you stay in the Royal Suites section that part of the resort is for adults only and you must be registered in that section to use the beach and other facilities in that section.

10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Private or somewhate private beach at Palladium Bavaro...

Thanks Debbie! What I am asking is we want to be able to get away from a crowd and just have a nice quite area. At the Iberostar Tucan in Playa del Carment if you walk south there is a secluded area thru the vegetation with no other hotels or houses that has some rocks that is really nice and quite. We really like to walk and check out other areas.

We are staying at the Grand Pallidium Bravo not the one you mentioned, but from what I understand they are right beside each other. How do you get registered to go to that side of the beach as it would be nice not to have to deal with kids. Thanks and keep all the suggestions and comments coming I like to go with a good amount of knowledge.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private or somewhate private beach at Palladium Bavaro...

I just got back from the Palladium Bavaro. . .while we were there (thanksgiving week) there were no "secluded" areas. I think the only option for you is to take the excursion to an island for the day. . .not really sure what it entails. The other option is to go to the beach after the disco closes. . .we went there every night (a group of about 6 of us 20 somethings) and we were the only ones there. . .gotta love hangin out on the beach with nothing but friends and the moonlight! There are security guards now and then, they just check your bracelet, so dont' go too crazy!

10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private or somewhate private beach at Palladium Bavaro...

Andyman33--you mentioned that there is security that checks your braclet. How often does this happen? Is it mostly at night? You also mentioned not to get too crazy. We have a group of us going and sometimes we do get a little carried away after the whole day of drinking. Did you see anything happen to anybody that was a little wild? You know in Playa del Carmen the staff will get wild with you. We even had our bar tenders doing shots with us. Thanks!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private or somewhate private beach at Palladium Bavaro...

zmac - It was more just a joke about going crazy. We went swimming just about every night in our clothes. . .pretty toasted as well. Our only problem with the resort was the food (just same stuff over and over again) and the lack of activities. So, we made up for both of them with the drinks :). If you go to the pool in the center nearest the beach. . .go to the swim up bar and ask if David is working. If so. . .ask for the "Azul"!!! Good stuff :). We asked him to make his favorite shot for us. . .that was it. Not gonna tell you what was in it, as I had way way way too many of them. . .Back to the topic at hand. In the 5 nights we went to the beach, we were asked one time for our bracelets and he left immediately after we showed him that we all had them. Actually made us feel even safer. . .although, on the resort I felt fine walking back alone (but what 23 year old guy doesn't feel safe anywhere haha). Hope you have a great time! Any other questions, just ask!

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
719 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private or somewhate private beach at Palladium Bavaro...

ZMAC,

If you are staying on the Palladium Bavaro Side, you can't get moved or upgraded to the Royal Suites unless you pay extra $$. If you are registered at the Palace you can try to get an upgrade without paying $ but that does not always work. This beach is very large and there are many areas that we found to lay that there was hardly anyone around us. You just have to look and move chairs around a little. We truly enjoyed the Palladium Bavaro this year and are returning for two weeks in April 2006 to the Palace side of the resort. The entertainment crew on the Palladium side were great! Especially David and Melanie and Rosa and Miguel, two of the pool bartenders really made sure we enjoyed ourselves. When are you going? We are looking to meet other people while we are there. Always makes for more fun!

10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Private or somewhate private beach at Palladium Bavaro...

andyman33--I will be sure to ask for the Azul and David. Do they close the pool early like most other places. Last year we were know to somehow end up in the pool late at night when we would come back from the disco. Somehow clothes came off and we needed to cool down. You know how the liquid you injest all day long makes you hot. We had to sneak and do this because the pool was close at dark. Did you go to the gym they have at all? If so was the workout equipment good and did they have free weights and dumbells or just machines? Do you have any pictures you could email over? Was there a lot of younger couples like yourself there or was there a lot of older people. We are also of 24-30 yrs old and like to get a little wild. How about kids, did you see a lot of those running around? Any more suggestions would be greatful. Thanks again

10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Private or somewhate private beach at Palladium Bavaro...

Debbie--we have paid for a junior suite at the bavaro side. From what it sounds like you have mentioned there is 3 hotels all right there together? I like the sound of the beach you are talking about were there isn't that many people around. Which way would I have to walk to get to it if I was looking at the ocean? And can I even get into this section if I am not checked in at one of the other places you named? We have a frisbie and a football that we will be bringing and would like to have area to throw this with out disturbing others if it goes out of control. We are leaving on this Saturday the 3rd and returning on the 10th. Sounds like you really enjoyed this place. Have you ever been anywhere different then Punta Cana and if so how does it compare to those places? I also like to meet up with new people but it looks like you are going in April. Maybe next time if we like it.

10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Private or somewhate private beach at Palladium Bavaro...

bump

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
719 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private or somewhate private beach at Palladium Bavaro...

Debbie--we have paid for a junior suite at the bavaro side. From what it sounds like you have mentioned there is 3 hotels all right there together? I like the sound of the beach you are talking about were there isn't that many people around. Which way would I have to walk to get to it if I was looking at the ocean? And can I even get into this section if I am not checked in at one of the other places you named? We have a frisbie and a football that we will be bringing and would like to have area to throw this with out disturbing others if it goes out of control. We are leaving on this Saturday the 3rd and returning on the 10th. Sounds like you really enjoyed this place. Have you ever been anywhere different then Punta Cana and if so how does it compare to those places? I also like to meet up with new people but it looks like you are going in April. Maybe next time if we like it.

ZMAC,

You cannot use the beach at the ROyal Suites unless you are booked there. You can use the beach at the Bavaro, Palace, and Punta Cana sections. Each beach area has a section that is used for volleyball, etc which you can use for frisbee and football when the other sports are not going on.

This will be our 7th trip to the Dominican. We have stayed in Luperon, Puerto Plata and the last 3 times in Punta Cana. We found that the Palladium Resorts was a much nicer resort and that is why we are returning to it.

You will have a great time here!