We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Square Deal hotel(s)?

Chicago
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Square Deal hotel(s)?

Has anyone ever taken an Apple Vacations square deal trip to Punta Cana? I'm curious as to what hotel or hotels they typically use. I took a square deal to Puerto Vallarta once and we stayed in an absolute palace. The only drawback-for some people, I actually enjoyed it-was the isolation. It was a long way from downtown.

Just wondering if there is a hotel in Punta Cana that is the usual one for Square Deals and if there are any problems-location,noise-we may encounter. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
161 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Square Deal hotel(s)?

We took a square deal out of Chicago on October 30th and the hotel we were placed at was Sunscape, the Beach. It was a "6 Apple" rating, but we did not think it was a 6 - more like a 5. There were quite a few people on our flight who had taken the square deal and all ended up at the Sunscape. The resort was very clean, but located in a remote area.

Chicago
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Square Deal hotel(s)?

bfrise,

Thanks for the info. What I'm gathering here and on some other sites suggests that the square deal hotels often are a bit isolated. That's a plus for me. thanks again.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Square Deal hotel(s)?

Hello, We did 6 Apple Square Deal to Punta Cana, leaving St. Louis on 13th Nov. for 7 nights - you are allocated hotel at departure airport; told at 4am at St. Louis airport that hotel would be 5 Apple - overbooking!.....Altogether, there were probably about 15 couples (from St. Louis and Chicago) who arrived at the 5 Apple hotel (having booked 6 Apple Square deal). Also, about 10 couples who had booked Secrets Excellence!! were bumped to same 5 Apple hotel. We still in correspondence with Apple about compensation. This was 3rd time we have done Apple Square Deal and eighth time we have travelled with Apple Vacations in 3 years - obviously, customer loyalty doesn't count! We had heard that most 6 Apple Square Deals in Punta Cana are sent to Sunscape the Beach - fine by us. Like you, we usually don't spend time off the resort - relaxing on the beach is enough (along with drink and entertainment)). Good luck!

Grand Rapids...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Square Deal hotel(s)?

Everyone on our flight out of Detroit on 11/26 with a 6-Apple Square Deal package was booked at Sunscape the Beach. The resort is very isolated, but from the look of things in "town", there's not alot to be isolated from anyway. PC is not a party destination like Cancun and others. Knowing the deal you're getting with the Square Deal, you would not be disappointed with StB. The grounds are gorgeous, the pool is spectacular, the food is good, the staff are abundant, friendly and helpful, the rooms are more than adequate, and the beach is beautiful, if not so good for swimming. The place is only 1 year old, so not too well known. It's about an hour ride from the airport, and some folks complained about their transfers, but Apple had us on a very nice, air-conditioned tour bus and the ride was a bit bumpy but fine - alot better than the plane ride!

Michigan
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Square Deal hotel(s)?

I am looking for any one going to secrets excellence punta cana on Dec 26th-Jan 1st. Also is anyone flying out of Detroit on these dates?