We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restricted items in hand luggage at Punta Cana Airport

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
isle of wight
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Topic
Restricted items in hand luggage at Punta Cana Airport

Hi

Can anyone tell me if liquids, gels, lipsticks, make up etc is prohibited in hand luggage flying to UK from Punta Cana.

Last year we were returning from Puerto Plata and had all my small bottles, under 100ml in my carry on and had to put in all in hold luggage as nothing was permitted to be carried on.

Thanks in advance

Jan

Arnprior
Level Contributor
731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restricted items in hand luggage at Punta Cana Airport

My husband had all liquids taken from his carry on in March so I would be careful. By the time they take the liquids out, you have already checked your luggage so it all goes in the garbage.

Have a great trip.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restricted items in hand luggage at Punta Cana Airport

Ok thanks very much, I thought as much and I would hate all my make up to be thrown away

Jan

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restricted items in hand luggage at Punta Cana Airport

Hi janet65,

All DR airports strickly prohibit any types of liquids, no matter how small the container is.

Got some eye drops form the resort doctor for an eye infection and made sure that I put it in the checked bag. I had asked the lady fo\rom our TO when checking in at the airport and she confirmed that NO LIQUIDS are allowed at all....and I stuffed the drops in the suitcase.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,845 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restricted items in hand luggage at Punta Cana Airport

Punta Cana has switched from zero tolerance to the 3-1-1 like all other airports now

Hamilton
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restricted items in hand luggage at Punta Cana Airport

What?? I'm from Canada flying into Puerto Plata and my travel agent told me I'm allowed to have a clear zip lock bag with up to a litre of liquids in my hand luggage. So if I go and do this do you think it will get thrown out?? I was planning on packing hand sanitizer, some makeup and contact lens solution in my hand luggage in case something happens to my luggage. Should I not do this then? What about in my purse instead?

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,845 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restricted items in hand luggage at Punta Cana Airport

Hammergirl: Travel agents should read up on the regulations.

read this official link

catsa.gc.ca/Page.aspx…

"Containers of liquids, aerosols or gels in your carry-on must be 100 ml/100 grams (3.4 oz) or less.

All containers must fit in 1 clear, closed, resealable plastic bag no more than 1 litre (1 quart) in capacity. The approximate dimensions of a one litre/quart bag are 15.24 cm by 22.86 cm (6 in. by 9 in.) or 20 cm by 17.5 cm (8 in. by 7 in.).

At the screening point, take your plastic bag out of your carry-on and place it in one of the provided trays.

Drink or discard any beverages in containers over 100 ml before pre-board security screening.

Any containers over 100 ml should be placed in checked baggage."

Edited: 2:13 pm, April 26, 2010
isle of wight
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restricted items in hand luggage at Punta Cana Airport

Hi Hlywud

It was fine flying in to Puerto Plata last year but not leaving, so are you saying Ill be ok leaving Punta Cana with my small bottles and hand gel make up etc this time

Many thanks

Jan

8. Re: Restricted items in hand luggage at Punta Cana Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, October 24, 2010