We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Colonial - Site Visit Report

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Majestic Colonial - Site Visit Report

As promised we visited Majestic Colonial yesterday.

It is a beehive of activity with 1000 workers daily (600 day shift; 400 night shift) edging towards a promised December 15th opening.

Two major issues to be covered:

1) The property.

I have many photos to share when I return and much progress has been made form the last pictures seen. This resort is now the "WOW" resort based on a comment from a group of Quebec travel agent who toured a few days before us. More details Sunday.

2) The big question - will they open on time?

Management remains confident and while I am personally not qualified to pass judgement I agree that it is probably doable since most of what remains to be done is cosmetic and finish related as opposed to structural. One in our group was a retired tax assessor who during his career visited in-progress sites and his comment was that in North America a project at this stage could probably open on time. This however is the DR and major weather events could derail this possibility.

Sorry to be somewhat unclear but I have to be truthful and this is too close to call IMHO. I wish their opening was January 1 as I would have very little reservation about their ability to meet this date.

More on Sunday when I am back.

Gregg

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Colonial - Site Visit Report

Thanks for your quick report Gregg.

But ready or not here we come!!!

ont.canada
Level Contributor
239 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Colonial - Site Visit Report

Thanks Gregg!!! I can't wait to see some of your pictures. We are definately going to Punta Cana mid Jan. but we cannot decide between Majestic, Bahia Principe, or Sunscape the Beach. We had such a great time at Bahia last year, I think that it might be wierd staying right beside it and not wanting to go over and see whats going on. Have you stayed at either of these two other resorts? If so, what would be your advice on picking between these three resorts? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Red Deer alberta...
Level Contributor
254 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Colonial - Site Visit Report

Thanks Gregg, Any comments on the spa or the merchant district that were questionable a month ago whether they would be ready on time? Hope you had a great holiday!

Barb

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Colonial - Site Visit Report

Gregg- So what do you think, will they be open on time? Or what will not be ready on time? From the pictures u have taken it looks like they have a lot of work to do by December 15.

EJL
nh
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Colonial - Site Visit Report

We have reservations for Feb. 25, 2006. Do you think this resort will be ready by then?

We stayed at the Iberostar several times and loved it and hope this will be just as good. At this point do you think we should consider changing our reservations? Thanks for any information you can give me.

Eileen

Vancouver BC Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Colonial - Site Visit Report

Thanks for taking all those recent pictures Gregg! It does look like they have a lot of work to do in three weeks. However, it's great to have a heads up on the resort you'll be going to as to what it will really be like, unlike most of the time that you have to just wait and see - I love the internet for that! Much appreciated :-)

We leave on the 29th of December, for a two week stay in a Majestic Junior Suite.....one thing I thought was 'funny' in the pictures, it looks like 'frosted' glass doors on the toilet & shower stalls - should make it interesting for my husband/baby/myself staying in the same room as my sister-in-law! You didn't happen to see one of those rooms with two doubles - I suppose the bathroom set-up was the same? Oh well, no biggie.

Thanks again for taking the time to take all those pictures for us :-)

Vancouver BC Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Colonial - Site Visit Report

GREGG:

Please see the thread titled "any updates on majestic colonial" for some other questions that I also have for you.....Thanks very much! :-)

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Colonial - Site Visit Report

Done.

Gregg

EJL
nh
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Colonial - Site Visit Report

Greg,

Could you please email me the pictures you took of the Majestic Colonial. Thanks, Eileen

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Colonial - Site Visit Report

Eileen,

See:

worldisround.com/articles/233983/index.html

Gregg