We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need infos about GBP Esmeralda facilities.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Need infos about GBP Esmeralda facilities.

Hi,

I wiil be in Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda (GBPE) from April 11th to April 18th, and I would like to have some infos about the facilities.

1) According to some reviews, the Gala Night at the buffet is thursday night. According to some people in this forum it is wednesday night. If you stay in GBPE recently what was the schedule?

2) Is it possible to have some shade at the GBPE? Best place is one of the pool or the beach?

3) The towel game is the best way to find some shade at GBPE ?

4) When you book to stay at the GBPE on Transat Holiday (not an upgrade on arrival) do you arrive directly to the GBPE lobby with the bus or you need to take a walk?

5) Is it the same electric system than in the Punta Cana section: you need to leave your key card in the slot to have electricity in the room?

6) Is it difficult to obtain a change of the fridge content. I hate DR beer but I want water in my room. The room service accept to do the change or I need to ask it every day?

7) Something else I must know BEFORE arriving to GBPE you can tell me after your experience at GBPE ?

Thanks in advance for all your input!

Serge

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,197 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need infos about GBP Esmeralda facilities.

321LiftOff,

Welcome to the Punta Cana forums.

In response to your questions:

1) Gala night at the Buffet is Thursday night.

2) There are numerous palapas all around the pool and no shortage at all on the beach in front of the Esmeralda, plus 8 cabanas surrounding the adult only pool located just above the large pool

3) Would not recommend the towel game

4) When you arrive at the Bahia complex, your bus stops at the Bahia Bavaro or Punta Cana lobby. Your luggage and yourselves are transferred to a trolley that then takes you directly to the Esmeralda lobby (same procedure for guests that book the Ambar)

5) You do not need to leave your card key in any slot to have electricity in the room - the air conditioning will not operate if you have the balcony door open, but all of the elctric outlets and lights will be working

6) Water is available in your fridge and a one litre bottle on your dresser - the fridge is restocked daily - it is EL Presidente beer that is stocked in the fridge along with pepsi products

7) I have posted a review as well as others who have been at the resort that yu will find beneficial - just click on "Punta Cana Hotels" , then scroll down to "Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda", then click on the hotel name and all of the reviews will appear. - there is also a tab on the top right that says "Rating" - "Details" - "Photos".- if click on the photos tab, you will see the photos taken by guests who have recently stayed there since it opened at the end of November 2009.

I hope that this helps you.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Edited: 1:23 am, April 09, 2010
Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need infos about GBP Esmeralda facilities.

Thanks Brooklin for theses extremely valuable infos.

I just hope the weather will be on ou side!

Serge

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,197 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need infos about GBP Esmeralda facilities.

Serge,

After all these years having travelled to Punta Cana, "good weather" ranks right up there with those things that we can always count on.

Have a great trip.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need infos about GBP Esmeralda facilities.

I was just at the Ambar and we had dinner one night at the Italian restaurant on the Esmeralda side - it was delicious and service was excellent. We walked around and thought that everything (lobby, pool, beach) looked really nice.

Edited: 12:21 pm, April 09, 2010
Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need infos about GBP Esmeralda facilities.

Thanks for your input

Serge

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need infos about GBP Esmeralda facilities.

Another question Brooklin,

The pool section of the Esmeralda is reserved to the Esmedalda customers only, is it the same thing for the beach in front of the Esmeralda ?

Serge

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,197 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need infos about GBP Esmeralda facilities.

Serge,

The beach in front of the Esmeralda is not exclusive to the Esmeralda. It is not signed as such as it is with the Ambar, which is adult only. The only reason that the Ambar is signed is simply due to the fact that it is "adult only".

Remember that beach fronts are public in Punta Cana and not owned by the resort. The area designated in front of the Ambar extends to about half way to the waters edge - the further half is public, allowing guests from all resorts to walk the complete length of Bavaro Beach if they so desire.

You will notice that the beach area in front of the Esmeralda is very spacious and much quieter than it is in front of the Punta Cana and Bavaro resort beach. Since it is at the southern end of the resort complex, is another reason for far fewer people using it, in comparison to the centre portion of the beach front.

I hope this helps.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Edited: 4:45 pm, April 09, 2010
Newfoundland
Level Contributor
220 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need infos about GBP Esmeralda facilities.

Was there last week! Gala night is tops they serve lobster, crab shrimp, filet mignon, turkey etc . Staff are non stop on gala night especially, yet the service is always number one.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need infos about GBP Esmeralda facilities.

Thanks again Brooklin, I did not know about the property of the Bavaro Beach.

Thanks Springrusher, I will be there thursday night!

DC Metro
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need infos about GBP Esmeralda facilities.

Going to Esmeralda in May. Besides the Gala on Thursday and the Italian place, what other A la Carte's would everyone suggest? Thanks everyone!