We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

in-room mini bars

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
63 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
in-room mini bars

I'm planning a trip for May 2006 and am having major decision problems. Everything sounds so nice! One of my questions is that some resorts advertise mini-bar in room and others say mini-bar with liquor dispenser. Does this mean that if liquor dispenser is not stated, the mini bar is water and juices? We like to have a drink with quiet time before going to bed and obviously we can't do that at a bar. BTW, I seem to be leaning towards the RIU resorts. Any help is much appreciated!

Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: in-room mini bars

Pandora715, you are correct, unless they state there are liquor dispensors, you will only get a couple beer at the most. I have been to 3 different RIUs now and find that they each have 4 liquor dispensors in room, beer in the fridge, 4 different pops and water. They didn't have a problem if you wanted a different type of mix or just one kind and would accomadate you. I like diet pop and would ask them for "Pepsi or Coke lite" as that is what it is called there. I am with you on the drink in your room. I tend to like one in the room after showering and before dinner as well in the afternoon if I am in the room to get out of the sun. You will love the RIUs. Regards,