We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sirenis

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milton Keynes
13 posts
Save Topic
Sirenis

Hi can any help we are due to fly out on 4/10/04 to Sirenis our Travel agent is telling us every think is fine and our holiday is still going ahead but that is not what I am seeing on this site can anyone give me any advice.

Thanks

essex uk
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Sirenis

Hi all, we are going to the Sirenis Cocatal of the 4th of October, flying from Gatwick I have read all the post's and if it helps the latest thing on the Sirenis website is that the re-opening was the 2nd of October, but no other information, or conformation as to if it did.

Looks like its a wait and see???

Hope it is good for all of us about to go

Keith

essex uk
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Sirenis

Just an update, our travel agent assures everything at the Sirenis is ok, the only change is the flight from Gatwick will now land at Punta Cana, not La Romana.

This is due to the road damage from the airport, and should halve the transfer time.

Regards to all

Keith

worcester england
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Sirenis

hi keith, we are getting conflicting information now from our travel agent (going places) they were going to give us 100 % that every thing was ok and would be up and running this week, but went to see them again on friday and they are not so sure now. they called airtours for what was said in the conversation was that it was not opening till the 1st of november. they are calling me again tomorrow 4th to give me an update. idont really think anyone has a clue!!!!!! its a joke really as i think they think money grows on trees and they can just fob us off with anything. what was also said is that if its not ready they would put us in another hotel. he said another couple he did that for were very happy as they booked a 3 * hotel and were given a 4*+. my reply to that was seeming we have already booked a 5* what would be better!!!!!!!!! sorry to be the bearer of bad news as your just about to depart. i just hope all what we have heard is rubbish and every thing is great. enjoy your holls anyway from angie x ps we are surpose to be there 8 november.

essex uk
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Sirenis

Hi Angie, it was Going Places that gave me the information this morning, they phoned me back after contacting Airtours.

We are leaving for the Hotel near Gatwick now with fingers crossed!!!

Hope we and yourselves end up with a good holiday despite the lack of information

Regards

Keith

worcester england
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Sirenis

oh brill news hope they are right, as im so looking forward to this holiday so much, im only sorry that you are going first to have to trial it. please keep in contact and let us know how you get on. happy holidaying have a good one from angie x

London UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Sirenis

Hi there !

Has anyone heard from Keith yet I suppose I should give him some time to unpack but can't wait to hear what he says about the Sirenis.

best

Jan

essex uk
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Sirenis

Hi Angie,

Well Airtours did not tell the truth on Sunday the 3rd, as we found out at the Gatwick when we went to check in, the Sirenis was still not being used due to a sanitation problem and we were moved to the Iberostar Dominica which as it turned out was a superb alternative and could not be faulted in any way.

The only downside was the flight which had to call in at Manchester on the way added to that there was a security problem there and we were delayed one and a half hours which was bad enough then on arival at Punta Cana they had a problem sorting the luggage which had to come off which took another 45 mins before we could disembark, so all in all it was a complete c*** up.

Still we did have a great time with some serious snorkeling, hope where ever you ended up was as enjoyable

Regards

Keith

worcester england
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Sirenis

hi keith, thanks so much for that im not actually going until the 8th november but going places have contacted me several times for me to pick up the tickets, but i was waiting for advise from you first. Im going to go down tomorrow for a show down now. im so glad you had a great holiday, thou as i no how you feel going into the unexpected. i guess il have to wait and see. thanks again . from angie

Manchester. GB
6 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Sirenis

HI Everyone.

I arrived at punta cana, on the 29th sept. Expecting to go to the sirenis, but was met by our rep with a letter tell us we had been moved to the iberostar punta cana.

The hoilday itself was brill. the hotel was spotless and the staff was all very nice, I would give the hoilday 10/10.

We met lots of nice friendly people, out there who was also booked into the sirenis. one lady i met was very dissapointed because, she loves the sirenis and this would have been her 3rd visit to the resort.

considering the amount of deverstation the hurricane caused, i think all the hotels have worked remarkably hard, in cleaning the resorts and getting them back up and running.

i was so pleased with my hoilday i have booked again for next year. I have only been home 1 week.

Michelle