We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gran bahia property, help!

n.y
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
gran bahia property, help!

I'm so confused. Can someone please list the resort names at Gran Bahia property. How many are there? And then also, how each of these resorts are split, ie club sections, diamond, upgrades, esmeralda. And then also which are considered to be better above the rest. Thank you much.

Elmvale, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: gran bahia property, help!

Did you try to search the forum for your answers? I put Gran Bahia Principe in the search criteria and came up with numerous posts regarding this resort that will answer your question and give you lots more info.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
101 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: gran bahia property, help!

I'll try to explain it.

There is the Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro and the Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana ... these are mirror images of one another with a tram running between them.

Located on the GB Punta Cana side, closest to the beach is the "Golden Section.

Located BESIDE the Golden Section (by the beach) is the new "Esmerlada" wing. (so if your on the beach looking towards the water it's to your right) .. it's closest to the Riu Palace (the hotel next door)

Located closes to the beach on the GB Bavaro side is the "Adults-Only" Ambar section. (it's closest to the Majestic Coloniol/Elegance)

Located midway between the beach & lobby area on the Bavaro side is the Diamond Club

There is also the "Premier" section which, in my opinion, isn't so "Premier" since it's on the Bavaro side of the complex but furthest away from the beach.

HTH's

Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
3. Re: gran bahia property, help!

Is the golden section worth the ugrade?

We have already booked for March 13th at Bhai Prinicpe, our first time to Punta Cana.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,590 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: gran bahia property, help!

If you don't have children travelling with you I would suggest upgrading to the Ambar section. We just got back on Friday. While there is certainly nothing wrong with the Bavaro or Punta Cana sections the only thing that put me off was the beach and pool areas, it was extremely crowded with chairs practically on top of each other. Much too busy for me, but that's just my personal opinion.......

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: gran bahia property, help!

The Diamond section on the Bavrao side is also referred to as the Club Hacienda.

n.y
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
6. Re: gran bahia property, help!

thank you all

Now , how do you book Esmeralda, can't seem to find anything online.

Also, say you book at Gran Bahia Punta Cana, can you upgrade to the Ambar or Esmeralda after you arrive, because the are technically different resorts, or are they one big happy family.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: gran bahia property, help!

You can upgrade once you arrive depending on occupancy levels. We were at the Ambar in December and they had signs for the upgrade. It was $20 per person per night.

n.y
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
8. Re: gran bahia property, help!

Thanks csbrew

Was Ambar definately worth it?. We stayed at the elegance club at the Majestic elegance (adults only section) didn't think it was worth the upgrade.

And how is the esmeralda? Did you talk to anyone or check it out? Do you think that would be worth the upgrade from the ambar? Thanks

Edited: 1:04 pm, January 18, 2010
virginia
Level Contributor
100 posts
35 reviews
9. Re: gran bahia property, help!

It is worth it if you like a little space on the beach or pools. When we were there the bavaro side was packed with kids. We would not have been happy feeling like a sardine. Ambar side is so peaceful.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
18 reviews
10. Re: gran bahia property, help!

We have been to the Bahia 6 times. The last 3 we have booked the Ambar. We like that there are no kids. The Esmeralda is very nice, we took a few walks through it and looked around. In my opinoin it is not an upgrade from the Ambar as the Esmeralda is for families. Should we have kids or travel with friends who do than we would go with the Esmeralda.

Tha Ambar is nicer than the Bavaro/PC/Premier sections. The rooms have nicer appointments, in my opinon the food is better and all rooms and the Ambar lobby are close to the beach.