We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seat on the Beach at Bahia Principe

USA
Level Contributor
421 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Seat on the Beach at Bahia Principe

I just read a review of the Bahia PC that noted that it was impossible to find a seat on the beach. I'd like some opinions out there regarding this. Do you think it was the time of year, i.e. high season, or is this resort ran in this manner? I've done all-inclusive before, and the towel game is always played.

This reviewer also mentioned getting eaten alive by mosquitos and a sewage area near the resort. I hope she's just being oversensitive. Anyone?

Stoney Creek Ontario
Level Contributor
649 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seat on the Beach at Bahia Principe

Hi Trica. Concerning getting a couple of loungers on the beach we did the following. For breakfast we'd go the either the Mexican or Seafood restaurant for breakfast, taking along our beach "stuff". These two restaurants are located near the main pool/beach so went and got our seats after breakfast. This would be around 9:30 to 10am. Headed towards the Las Olas snack bar area (Bavaro side) and always found something. The towel game is done here,as in most resorts so just go with the flow. Never had one mosquito during our stay or any sewage smell. Loved the place.

New York
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seat on the Beach at Bahia Principe

Hi. Just wanted some clarification. Was the issue not being able to find loungers in the shade, which I have heard before, or not being able to find loungers at all on the beach? I hope thats not the case! Thanks!

USA
Level Contributor
421 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seat on the Beach at Bahia Principe

tm9876: Nah, it was a bad review of the hotel and I think she might have been a little overly whiny. I also think that maybe the hotel was packed. I never sit for long on loungers anyway, just wondering what the reviewers deal was.

A couple of people in all kinds of resorts in PC have complained of a smell. I wonder if they are smelling the sea!!