We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Pricipe-Gold Club or Diamond???

Orangeville
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia Pricipe-Gold Club or Diamond???

HI there Plannnig a trip end of November. This hotel has a Gold Club and a Diamond club....I think both have rooms close to the beach(on opposite sides of the resort?) The Gold Club sounds nice with Air Transat....but Diamond sounds much the same.

Has anyone stayed in either of these rooms.....if so....what room numbers so I can ask for them if possible??????

ANd is it worth the little extra money????????

Help!!!!!!! Drea

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
307 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Bahia Pricipe-Gold Club or Diamond???

Hi Casia,

I stayed at the Diamond/Hacienda club. The resort is one big resort. The golden club members had gold bracelet and the Diamond members had purple bracelets. (there were also yellow & green) The only places that were reserved only for the Diamond members was a pool in the middle of the resort (the other pool was open for everyone) and 1 restaurant (Italian) was open for breakfast and lunch only for Diamond member. (Don't worry you're not missing much!) The "Diamond Only" pool had signs up saying "Diamond/Hacienda members only", but no one was paying attention to them. Once we saw a security guy, trying to kick people out - but it wasn't working to well. I can see this being a problem in the future. The Diamond club has a special room for dinner reservations and internet, but it's infront of the front enterance. I believe that Golden Club has it's special room, in the middle of the resort - I'm not positive about this. We stayed in Block 26 - partway between the beach and the "Swamp" We enjoyed were we were> It's such a big resort, if your close to the beach, you're far from the buffet restaurants and vise versa

Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Bahia Pricipe-Gold Club or Diamond???

Thanks so much for your response, I guess that answers my question. We have chosen to go with sunquest, Club Diamond ( it has a special on now where kids do not have to pay) and just wanted to make sure we are not missing anything by not flying Air Transat and their Golden Club. But it looks like we will have all the same features as Golden Club, so I guess my mind is made up. thanks so much!!

Toronto
13 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Bahia Pricipe-Gold Club or Diamond???

Hi Guys, I spoke with Sunquest, who offers the Club Diamond package. They have indicted that they are the same as the Golden section (where I stayed in May). They have also indicated that this area is near the beach before the mangrove.

Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Bahia Pricipe-Gold Club or Diamond???

Hi Strand,

I have emailed hotel and actually got a response back saing that golden club and diamond club have most of the features the same ( not sure if diamond has all the perks like beach towel in room, bath robes etc,) but the room are for sure located behind club golden, and there are no ocean view rooms. Still we have decided to go with sunquest.

Waterloo
8 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Bahia Pricipe-Gold Club or Diamond???

Hi there. All of you have such great advice! I just booked a "regular" room at the Bahai Principe for November 27 through itravel2000.com. Do any of you know what I should expect? Where the rooms might be? What type of service I'll get not having a Diamond or Club Golden room? Much appreciated...

Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Bahia Pricipe-Gold Club or Diamond???

Hi Ocean&Sun

I think you will be just fine :):) All rooms are the same and the only

difference is you may be placed in rooms further from the beach

and I believe that you only have 3 not 4 a la carte dinners per

week. Apparently there also is a pool for the exclusive use of club

golden and diamond guest only but it is still used by everyone, other

than that free net and paper, and I have a feeling that sums it up.

Have fun!!!

Waterloo
8 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Bahia Pricipe-Gold Club or Diamond???

Great. Thanks!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
307 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Bahia Pricipe-Gold Club or Diamond???

The Diamond club does have it's beach towels in the room on your arrival - look in the closet. In one of our rooms there were only 2 towels for 3 people - our sunquest reps told us we could go up to any towel hut and get one - no questions asked. We were suppose to also have robes in our room - never saw any - we didn't request it either.

Waterdown, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Bahia Pricipe-Gold Club or Diamond???

We have booked with Airtransat in the Gold Club - comes automatically with airtransat. We are going Nov 28th for two weeks, when are you booked for

montreal
2 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Bahia Pricipe-Gold Club or Diamond???

Would anyone know what the email address is to contact the resort?