We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

canada
7 posts
Save Topic
Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

Can anyone who has gotten married in Gran Bahia Principe or in Puna Cana, let me know what it was like. I would like to know the deals so i can make a finally decision about getting married at the Bahi Principe. I have been hearing stories of people being unhappy about the cermony, about it being disorganized and some times the wedding being post pone because the judge can't make it. I would like to know the good points and the bad so i can make a fair decision about getting married there or not.

Thank you so much

Charity

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

Percy.. if you are considering an adult only resort, you should check out Secrets Excellence.. they have an amazing photographer..

When I went to visit there, I looked at all the albums, and couldn't believe the quality.. gorgeous photos!!!!!

I also saw Secretbride's pic.. and they are incredible.. I so can't wait.. Secrets is a perfect setting for a wedding.. you'd have to see the gazebo by the beach!!

If you have more questions, ask!

:)

Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

thanks for getting back to me bella sky. Unfortunately secrets isn't an option for us as my 16 year old cousin will be coming with us. So we are restricted to places that will allow teenagers.

Thanks for the info

Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

thanks for getting back to me bella sky. Unfortunately secrets isn't an option for us as my 16 year old cousin will be coming with us. So we are restricted to places that will allow teenagers.

Thanks for the info

canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

I was married at Bahia (PP) almost 7 years ago - it was the most beautiful ceremony, stress - free wedding that I have since seen. It sounds like it takes a little more documentation prep now than it did then ( didn't need to translate documents or send them to the consolate.) I spent 15 min with a "wedding co-ordinator" when we arrived at the resort and then just showed up for my wedding. All I brought with me was my dress and hubby brought his outfit. There was tons of beautiful flowers, a 3 peice traditional band, a cake, campagne, photographer, and video guy. We had a lovely dinner over looking the ocean - they gave us a private corner in the restuarant that had all the flowers and decorations from the ceremony. The pictures are very well done, and video is great - we watch it every year on our anniversary. I received my certificate before I left the resort to come home - yes its in Spanish as DR is a spanish country! And the ceremony was in spanish too - which made it kinda fun!

Our wedding was an hour late as the judge was delayed - but we didn't care, if you chose this type of wedding, you need to have the right attitude about it - its supposed to be simple and stress free.... (I got out of the pool 1.5 hours before my wedding to get ready!)

canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

Oh I forgot to add, that I too am from Canada, (BC) and I did not need to have documents translated to change my name - I started with my drivers license and took to the drivers license issusing office and they had a chuckle that it was in spanish - but most people can figure it out - "Certificato de matrimono"! (spelling may be off, but I am sure you get the point).

Remember you are probably chosing this type of wedding as its supposed to be less stressful than the tratitional canadian wedding.... just relax and enjoy the fact that the cost of your wedding includes your honeymoon and is still way less than a traditional wedding.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

I am getting married Jan 17th in Punta Cana. We have both previously been divorced & had to have our divorce decrees translated into Spanish along with the other documentation. It was handled very quickly by wedo.com and they let me know that when I get the marriage certificate in Spanish that I can send it back to them and they will translate it to English. So far this has been way less stressful than my first marriage. I'll let you know how the rest goes.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic