We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

canada
7 posts
Save Topic
Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

Can anyone who has gotten married in Gran Bahia Principe or in Puna Cana, let me know what it was like. I would like to know the deals so i can make a finally decision about getting married at the Bahi Principe. I have been hearing stories of people being unhappy about the cermony, about it being disorganized and some times the wedding being post pone because the judge can't make it. I would like to know the good points and the bad so i can make a fair decision about getting married there or not.

Thank you so much

Charity

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

Charity.. I know I talked to you already...

I am going to BAhia in 4 weeks I will check it out for you, and also I'm getting married at Secrets in January (Punta Cana)

I will let you know.

read some wedding reviews type weddings in Punta Cana in the search box and also see what comes up.

there are many many ceremonies in Punta cana every week. I will post a link for you also for testimonies from a Dominican services organization.. they were good. Just give me a minute.

(They also provide all the info on documents and fees as well - use their services!!)

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

http://www.dominicanrepublicservices.com

check them out!

Illinois
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

We got married at Sunscape Punta Cana Grand on June 23rd, 2005. I just received the marriage certificate today Oct. 31st. It's in Spanish, it's ripped stained and it has my name wrong and the date is August 18th. I have been told by the travel agency that I would have to deal with the resort itself and they're not suprised with it being the Domician Republic. If you haven't booked yet, don't book to the Dominican, book

somewhere else, unless you plan on paying for two weddings like I now have to do.

Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

Hi Charity,

I have booked for my wedding at the Gran Bahia Prinicpe for April 2006. I have heard of no problems yet at the Gran Bahia, but you need to remember that you arent getting married here in North America so as long as you tell them what you want...you should have any probelms. Let me know how your search goes...I haven't found out a lot yet.

Thanks

Mel

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

Just curious.. why would you have to pay for 2 weddings..

Even in the worst case scenario if you have to re-do it, just get married by the judge and don't even celebrate!! You had your wedding on the beach.. celebrate that date!!

Doesn't make sense! If that happened to me it wouldn't even bother me at all.. Your vows to each other is what really matters, not when the judge signs the papaer.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

I agree with Bella.... why let something like that ruin your memory of your wedding or make you tell someone else not to do it? It's just a piece of paper, for cryin' out loud. I just got back from a wedding in PC last week (Melia Caribe Tropical) and it was stunningly beautiful. There were a few minor snags (wedding co-ordinator missed our rehearsal, flowers not exactly what the bride wanted, pain in the butt photographer) but NO wedding goes off without a hitch, no matter where you do it. Don't expect it to be perfect there either or you'll no doubt end up disappointed! Don't hesitate to get married in PC, it's beautiful!

Illinois
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

I am more upset with how the resort and the travel agency handled it afterward. Yes we have a lot of wonderful memories. I am just very suprised that they just don't seem to care once you are gone. I was told "oh well what do you expect it's the Dominican Republic"We are going in front of a judge because the certificate they sent us I can't use to change my information in the states. Maybe I am just one of those people that when you pay extra for something you expect to get it. When I said don't book your wedding in DR that was just my opinion. I have read several other posts with the same problem though.

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

I can understand that you would be upset, don't get me wrong!!!

But nothing in life goes perfectly, sometimes there are glitches.. so what can you do.. are you gonna discourage everyone else from doing it and maybe having the most wonderful experience of their lives???

There are thousands of people who got married in the DR, and who are happy with it!! Yes, once in a while there's a problem, but you can have a horror wedding story back home as well!!

Look at it, at least it wasn't pouring rain for a week, you did go there in the rainy season!! Just concentrate on your marriage, why allow a piece of paper to make you angry!! What is done is done, and can't undo it.

canada
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

Thank you everyone for sharing your information about your experiences and you opinions. I am glad you told me about your experience afterwards with your marriage certificate. I need to hear the bad and the good to make a reasonable decision. Keep the information coming

Thanks

Charity

wouldn't you like...
Level Contributor
240 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Attention Anyone who got married at Bahia Principe/or Puna...

CG, I got married at Breezes Punta Cana on April 22, 2005 and it was amazing! Sweet, simple and to the point. We had no problems getting out marriage certificate back....it did take two months but that was not an issue. It does come to you in Spanish, it's their lanuguage so what do you expect?! I just sent it to wedo to get translated and had it back in less than a week! No glitches, well our best man and maid of honor were a day late, but that's besides the point! lol

We loved it and couldn't imagine doing it any other way!

Cheers........and best wishes!