We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nautilus Residences & Whitesands beach and golf resort

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Nautilus Residences & Whitesands beach and golf resort

Has anyone been to or even heard of this new property? If so, is it a decent resort? Thanks in advance.

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
454 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nautilus Residences & Whitesands beach and golf resort

I imagine they are probably serviced apartments on the Whitesands Golf Course In the region of Caribe Club Princess and the old ex-LTI hotel - great location but not quite ocean front (close to Ocean Blue entrance).

Have you seen them advertised somewhere?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nautilus Residences & Whitesands beach and golf resort

Yes, when I was searching for getaways on my Interval World (timeshare) site & this porperty came up. Its a 3 bdrm for a reasonable price. Ive been to the Iberostar in PC but didnt recall seeing these condos. They are soo new they dont even have a website. I found a bit of info on them and they are not ocean front.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,682 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nautilus Residences & Whitesands beach and golf resort

They are located along the road leading into the White Sands proerty...not convenient to the beaches.

Cheers

PCMike

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nautilus Residences & Whitesands beach and golf resort

right Mike,

it is quiet a heck of a walk to reach a beach, b/c to gain beach access you need to walk around the whole golf course over to the Punta Cana Princess hotel, walk in/through that hotel down to the beach. other resorts do not let you pass their property nor use their beachside.

that condo line along the street along the golf course is not new, some buildings are still under construction, others been finished recently, others been finished a long while ago. they have a dozen different names for that place their due to different ownerships of the different buildings, that leads of course to some confusion for people searching a place.

i don't know what you name a ''decent'' rate for a 3 bedroom appartment far off the beach, but AFAIK we have many dozens reliable condos and houses for rent in the area for great rates, at the moment the rental rates for appartments and houses in the punta cana area are on their lowest point since ever.

happy travels

Mike

Minnesota
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Nautilus Residences & Whitesands beach and golf resort

Mike,

Just wondering how I would find out about some of those reasonable 2 to 3 bedroom condo rentals you are talking about. Is there a web site or can you recommend some. I do enjoy staying at nice/clean rentals. Love newer/updated places, looking for a safe area, would like to be on a nice, safe beach. Sorry, not asking for much!

Thanks for your time and I hope to hear back from you!

Save Reply
6. Re: Nautilus Residences & Whitesands beach and golf resort

Nautilus Residences at White Sands Golf and Beach Resort got recently affiliated to Interval International. We have brand-new apartments fully furnished, a restaurant a la carte open from 7am to 11pm everyday, room-service, transportation to the beach complementary from 9to5 every day, concierge service, etc.

It's been operated by Bavaro Punta Cana Residences and you can check our TripAdvisor profile here: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147288-d160004…

And our website here: www.bpcrvacations.com

Tnks,

Loli

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nautilus Residences & Whitesands beach and golf resort

If you are looking at being on the beach then the Nautilus isn't ideal--you'd need to rent a car. I tour these condos when I was looking at buying. They have had a look of issues in white sands and the development has stalled a bit. The golf course is not in great shape.

If you want to rent something I would recommend doing it in cocotal--they have privigles with the Melia with access to the beach and cocotal has it own pool facailities (both at the condos and at the golf club) and you are located near the palm real shopping center. I'd still recommend a car.

If you want something on the beach there isn't a lot of option...Stanza Mare comes to mind.

Cheers, Lance

massachusetts
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nautilus Residences & Whitesands beach and golf resort

Ok I just got back from this place, and these reviews are right the golf course is not the best thing I have seen, I guess they stated it was "off Season" Im sorry but if you are on vacation at a location there should be no off season, also the private beach that has a shuttle service only three times a day only provides you with chairs not even a glass of water, so be prepared to pack your coolers, OH YEAH, if you dont have one they will "lend" you one for an additional fee. I never spent so much money on transportation alone and amenities and I have been to alot of places even Las Vegas and never spent not even close to half the money there. Also becareful cause they state they offer House keeping, WATCH OUT they charge you for it at the end. extra towels NO, only 1 per person and toilet paper they only provide the first roll, after that you are off to the store buying some more !! COME ON NOW TOILET PAPER ?!?! Geesh, I am sorry but I would not recommened this place as a vacation at all !!! please do your self a favor and go to an all inclusive resort for the extra money it costs per day it is worth it !!! Also dont be fooled this is not a resort it is a residence.

Edited: 3:29 pm, June 22, 2010
Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nautilus Residences & Whitesands beach and golf resort

Yeah, I would only rent a condo if I was going to stay a month or more and rent car. If you are going just for a week or two--it doesn't make a lot of sense in PUJ.

Cheers, Lance

toronto
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nautilus Residences & Whitesands beach and golf resort

Loli,

The website for Bavaro Punta Cana Residences is not complete....it provides no contact information to phone, fax or email questions??? We have rented an apartment at Carey Residencial for the month of Feb 2011. I have several questions. For now, the Danish real estate agent Mr. Per Moller who we've leased apartment from has provided us with some information (we live in Canada). Can you please provide an email address to send inquiries?

Thanks.

Moira