We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Blue/Ocean Sands Resort vs. Occidental Grand Flamenco

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Ocean Blue/Ocean Sands Resort vs. Occidental Grand Flamenco

I'm trying to decide between these two hotels? What is best? Pros and cons? What rooms are better? What about the food and the pools? Thank you for your help.

new jersey
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Blue/Ocean Sands Resort vs. Occidental Grand Flamenco

Read reviews... I stayed at the Grand Flamenco with a huge group of ppl ages 13-40something. Check out my review entitled " Vacation For All Ages" (it's from august so you may need to click back a few pages to that review).

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Blue/Ocean Sands Resort vs. Occidental Grand Flamenco

Definitely Ocean Resorts.

Huge pool, the resort is brand new, gorgeous rooms. While the other one is nice too, I'd go with the new one!

USA
Level Contributor
322 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Blue/Ocean Sands Resort vs. Occidental Grand Flamenco

We stayed at the Grand Flamenco last year, and if you stay there...I would recommend upgrading to the Royal Club...much nicer area of hotel..with ocean views, their own restaurant for breakfast and lunch overlooking the beach...and their own pool...many extras...we really liked the hotel...Our room needed some work like a leak in ceiling but we were never in the room, so it didn't matter...the beach at The Grand Flamenco is the nicest one out of all the resorts we walked past...

Loveland
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Blue/Ocean Sands Resort vs. Occidental Grand Flamenco

Hi Nancy! I have to agree with Bella! Go with Ocean Blue/Ocean Sands! It's newer and nicer!!

love

Peshtigo, WI
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Blue/Ocean Sands Resort vs. Occidental Grand Flamenco

We stayed at the Occidental two years ago in November & are going there again this Nov. Original plans were for Riviera Maya, but Wilma took care of that. We had the choice of several all-inclusives, but my husband said why take a chance when you know we loved it where we were? A lot of times new places haven't worked out all of the kinks yet! At the Occidental Grand Flamenco, the rooms were nice, the grounds were immaculate, the white sand beach was gorgeous, the food was very good...............what more could you want? The beaches are all private (resort people only), so you don't have to worry about someone coming along trying to sell you something (like in Mexico or Jamaica). You can walk along the beach in either direction for over a mile (probably further, but that's as far as we made it). There are a lot of water sports that you can get picked up for right on the beach at the resort (we went parasailing twice!). The shows in the evening are very good when put on by the workers at the resort & they even bring in local acts some nights. The employees are all very nice. If you have any other specific questions, let me know!

Loveland
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Blue/Ocean Sands Resort vs. Occidental Grand Flamenco

Hi again, Nancy! I have pictures of Ocean Blue and also wrote a review. Please go to the search bar and type in: "Ocean Blue is Bluetiful" to read it. If you give me an e-mail address, I'll send you my pictures, too. Or, you can e-mail me at: loveallinclusives@hotmail.com for any questions you may have regarding this beautiful property!

love