We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance btwn. airport in Santa Dominga & Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
246 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Distance btwn. airport in Santa Dominga & Punta Cana

We are booked at Secrets Excellence in the Mayan Riviera for January - but due to the hurricane, and lack of info. on the damage to the hotel - I am looking at other options. Our airline only flies into Santa Dominga. Does anyone know the distance and time it would take to land in SD and travel to Punta Cana? Please help....

NB Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance btwn. airport in Santa Dominga & Punta Cana

i beleive it is a about a 4 hr drive from SD to Punta Cana, dont quote me, but that is what i have heard, i know it is not close.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,014 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance btwn. airport in Santa Dominga & Punta Cana

That trip would be about 3.25 hours, depending on conditions and who's driving!

Don't drive yourself though! There is a reputable company that can take care of that transfer for you. They use clean, insured vehicles and even provide a DVD player if you are inclined to use it! You can register at their DR based forum and get a discount off your hotel transfer. www.dominicantaxi.com is the site and the forum can be reached by links from the site. A really easy and safe option!

Kaki

Level Contributor
246 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance btwn. airport in Santa Dominga & Punta Cana

Kaki - thanks for the info. I will look into that.

OHIO
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance btwn. airport in Santa Dominga & Punta Cana

How do you get the discount? I am in the same boat. We are going Nov 6, and have to land in Santa Dominga Spirit Airlines.

Thanks for any help.

Pozee