We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Bruce50-questions about philly flight?

north carolina
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
To Bruce50-questions about philly flight?

I saw your response to someone asking about problems with luggage getting to them out of Philly, I post this question for you there, but I wanted to make sure you got it, so here I am.

I have a connecting flight from Philly to Punta Cana Feb 6, Should I try to change this if possible due to the situation there?

I don't know if its possible now, but I am concerned, should I pack "heavy" in the carry on in case I don't get my luggage?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

Jennifer

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Holland PA
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: To Bruce50-questions about philly flight?

Luggage problems seem to be over in Phila. The bigger issue is the overall future of US Airways due to the fact they're in bankruptcy, asking for more union concessions, & have publicly talked about the possibility of liquidating in mid January if they don't get more operating cash through union concessions along with a re-structuring of their overall debt from various banks,etc.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: To Bruce50-questions about philly flight?

it is my personal experience that the Philadelphia airport is the WORST and most crowded in the country!!! I sat on a plane waiting to depart, didn't move an inch for OVER an hour and the flight wasnt even that long!! I would avoid it at all costs!!

good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
north carolina
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: To Bruce50-questions about philly flight?

Thanks guys, can't say I feel better, but I'll get to my vacation destination.....maybe somtime "close" to the original time I am suppose to touch down in punta cana...........hopefully.

I don't have alot of options at this point, travel agent says theres nothing she can do....

Oh well, Adventure, thats what it will be and oh how I do love adventure! Happy Travels, Good luck back at you