We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In-room internet at Bavaro Princess

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
So Cal
Level Contributor
8,208 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
In-room internet at Bavaro Princess

Has anyone tried using laptops in their rooms here? (Plugging in and using the phone for dial-up). I know there's the internet center in the lobby, but some of my coworkers just can't cut their personal PC umbilical cords...

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
944 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In-room internet at Bavaro Princess

OH MY! The whole reason to head out to the "jungle" is so that they "cannot reach you" ... from a true workaholic - I treasure the fact that they cannot reach me down there! I doubt you can dial up from the room ... and I hope not ... because I too would be tempted! And my last holiday in May, I was trying to check email from the "lobby internet room" and they said - it's down. When I replied - ok what time can I check back - they said - "OH NO - it's down until sometime next week!"

Leave your laptops at home and enjoy your vacation! :)

Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: In-room internet at Bavaro Princess

Most hotels I have stayed at here permit laptops to be connected but it can get a little pricy but if you can't live without it then you won't object to paying.

You may even be able to rent a wireless PC modem card - I'll look into it and let you know

You have to remember the safes are not large enough to fit a laptop - it will probably be ok but it can be a worry which you don't need on vacation but that's a personal choice.

All the best

bb

So Cal
Level Contributor
8,208 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In-room internet at Bavaro Princess

I'm with Jules - I don't want to be contacted on vacation! Ah well...

BB, I'd forgotten about the safe-and-secure aspect of it...I will remind my bosses of that. [This isn't really a vacation for us - the company is hosting a group of customers.] But if you could find out about the cards, that would be really helpful, in case they're determined. (When I've asked the hotel or my TA some of these things, the answers have been a bit sketchy sometimes...:)

Thanks a bunch!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: In-room internet at Bavaro Princess

when are you going? After Nov 1.. they offer the Platinum Package..which among other things includes unlimited internet in the platinum lounge.... top shelf booze in there too... check it out on there web site.. www.princesshotelsandresorts.com I'll be there from Nov 3-12... I signed up fpr it

So Cal
Level Contributor
8,208 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In-room internet at Bavaro Princess

PT, we're going in February, and I do know about the VIP/Platinum packages. However, given the nature of our large group, that really isn't a good option for us. I used the lobby internet center myself when I was there, but we have some people who prefer their own pcs for various reasons. They just might need to go cold turkey that week, though!

I shall wait on BB...