We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iberostar bavaro ??

perth,ont
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Topic
iberostar bavaro ??

Anyone heading to Iberostar Bavaro on Jan 18?

We were switched from Ocean Sands. Sounds like a great spot. Any comments from anyone who has been there would be great.

Calgary-from...
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iberostar bavaro ??

Hi Valley 11,

Personally, I have never been, but my cousin has been there twice (1st time they got married)

She said that the resort is beautiful, and that your room will look just like it does in the pictures!!!

She has been there 2 times, so Im guessing that they enjoyed it a lot to go back.

I hope this is some help to you!!!!!!

New York
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: iberostar bavaro ??

Been there; and it is wonderful! I've got lots of pics from our vacation so feel free to email me at home and I can forward them to you.

Put Iberostar in the subject area or my filters will think it's junk mail.

joann@mobileportraits.com

we and my entire family (around 20) go to the DR every year. We leave again in April 2005 for a 10 day vacation.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: iberostar bavaro ??

I agree - the rooms DO look exactly like the pictures. We went with some friends & loved it. Super clean, filtered water, our maid was the best! A la carte's were good although not impressed with the lobster (but I don't think anyone from New England would be). Japanese was excellent. They even gave us extra sushi when we asked. Beach was beautiful - snorkled right off the shore & there were tons of fish. If they serve the hot coffee w/rum try it - it was delicious! Would go back in a heartbeat except there are just too many resorts to try.

Enjoy!

perth,ont
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: iberostar bavaro ??

Thanks for the info. Is there internet access available? What's the best way to phone home to Canada?

Middletown, NJ
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: iberostar bavaro ??

Been there last year...GREAT. You will love it.

One question ! I am schedule to go to Ocean sands in Feb. Which travel agent did you used who swith you to the Bavaro ?

Thanks for your answer

perth,ont
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: iberostar bavaro ??

Apparently the resort will be open by Jan 23. We were switched because we go the 18th. We booked through Signature vacations...but we have a friend who is a travel agent and gave us advanced warning that it may not be ready in time for us, so he switched us 2 weeks ago.

perth,ont
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: iberostar bavaro ??

Eric Arnou: Did you notice if they had internet accesss available at Iberostar? And what about phone cards to call home?

boston,ma
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: iberostar bavaro ??

I was there in feb.2004 , I believe they had 2 pc's near the lobby for guest use. I don't know if there was a fee, sorry.

Iberostar Bavaro is an excellent resort, no complaints at all!!!

Try to get a top floor room, nice cathedral ceilings! We were supposed to go to Ocean sands on 1/17 as well and got switched to Bahia principe.....hope its as nice as Bavaro!!

enjoy your vaca!!!

NJ
Level Contributor
208 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: iberostar bavaro ??

Hi. Just wondering what you paid for per person for your vacation to the Ibeostar resort. ( not including airfare ) Just wondering, my family and I plan on going there next winter ! Can you give methe price in US dollars ?

Thanks !! Debbie in NJ :)