We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need a family resort all inclusive

new york
Level Contributor
185 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
need a family resort all inclusive

Looking for a family resort in punta cana that is all inclusive of food, alcohol, non-mototized water sports that has a kids club. We have one 9 yr old boy. We went to club med this summer at the end of aygust in punta cana and had a blast. Very casual attire at night. No rushingfor dinner, lunch or breakfast. Had a room with a king sized bed and then a small 12 x 15 room with two day beds. Room was ok, food was ok, relaxation and tans, so tan we looked like we were Dominican!!! No need to have a huge nightlife at the resort. After drinking all day and the beach and the windsurfing and snorkling and kyaking...we were pooped at 10:00pm!!!Not to mention the water aerobics. But they do allow children in the disco and in al the bar areas (very important for us). For the money club med wants with there air charter...getting us there at 12:30pm on arriaval day, but spending $6886.65....what other resport could offer us the same things for that price. I have seen so many on this site, but too many to choose from. We look at the other hotels and see swim up bars and nicer grounds any ideas??? I have to book it fast before my husband goes off the idea of spending so much. As we all know, prices are high for presidents week becuase all the kids are out from school. We don't have any other choices for going any other times except school holidays. I looked into booking my trip thru a canada travel agent, but we'd have to stay over night in toronto and it would cost us relativly the same with all in.

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
874 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need a family resort all inclusive

Hi I would think you should have many, many options on picking a great place for far less. That $6800. you mentioned is in American dollars so for an easy $5000 Cdn. (or less) plus $100. for a night in an airport hotel (which will include your parking) you should be many dollars ahead. Check out SellOff Vactions.com for some comparisons. I would look into it if it isn't all that far from where you are in New York and the custom issue isn't a problem. P.S. I would love for my husband to allow me that much!!