We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Surprise From Vacationexpress

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Another Surprise From Vacationexpress

This a warning before you book with VE,just found it out and i am fuming right now.They only allow you 2 pieces of checked luggage 44 lbs TOTAL..yes thats 22 lbs each ! Otherwise you have to pay an additional $25.00 each piece if overweight or $9.95 extra/ pound.There goes the extra clothes,shoes,gifts for the locals and my diving equipment.Since thats their policy i am taking every advantage and will take 4 pieces of checked luggage each 22 lbs and 2 carry on.This will be my first and last time travelling with them..so it's back to Miami or San Juan next trip.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Surprise From Vacationexpress

Trin- book a nude resort next time all u will need is shoes to take with u lol,

Loveland
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Surprise From Vacationexpress

Chill, Trini! I was allowed the same weight restrictions with USA 3000 and I certainly overpacked. I was not charged an additional fee..........! Better go with Apple Vacations and USA 3000 from now on!!!

Loveland
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Surprise From Vacationexpress

Hi Eskimo eh! Trini loves nude beaches!! Ask him about Hedonism!! LOL!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Surprise From Vacationexpress

LOves I agree about USA3000 they rock! Trini, you might consider taking donuts or cookies to the check in agents! That is one of my ploys and it always works! I was 20 lbs over this time and before I put the luggage on the scales I handed over the treats and got my great seat and a friendly smile when they saw the weight of the luggage! Of course I had an extra $50 in my pocket just in case the cookies didn't do the trick I was prepared to pay the toll!

all the best,

baltobabe/mt

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another Surprise From Vacationexpress

Well..i think we are being taken for a ride with these charter companies and airlines they use.When i go to hedonism i still need clothes because you can not be naked in the dining area,can you imagine eating and watching some big slobs bending over,especially if they did not wash themselves clean?

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another Surprise From Vacationexpress

it's ok..just came back from k-Mart and picked up 2 smaller pieces of luggages,it was on sale for $24.00 a 25 & 20 that should do it.

Bowmanville...
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Another Surprise From Vacationexpress

Are you really actually supposed to weigh your luggage before you leave for the airport??

Hedonism...ewww that would be super nasty eating while watching other 'not so perty' people nekkid! Otherwise, looks like a pretty erotic place! ;)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Another Surprise From Vacationexpress

Blonddie- Yes weight it if your overthey may charge u. sunquest charges for sure.

Loveland
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Another Surprise From Vacationexpress

baltobabe, so far, I've never had a problem with excess baggage but I'll definitely keep your suggestion in mind! From now on, I'm bringing "lots of goodies!" LOL!

Trin, I wondered where you've been!? Shopping! Go figure...the one who hates to shop......! Go pack your bags and settle down!! LOL!!

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Another Surprise From Vacationexpress

Love..i had to go buy a smaller suitcase.all of my suitcases are either carry on or too big because i usually take my dive gear when i travel,but not on this trip thanks to the weight limit,my fins wont even fit.