We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Darkness in Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
345 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Darkness in Punta Cana

Can anyone tell me what time it starts getting dark after daylight savings ends at the end of October ? Were Going the first week in November and need to book tee times for golf. I would like to play one late afternoon. Up here in Massachusetts it will start getting dark at 5:30. Im hopeing it's a little different in Punta Cana.

Thanks,Bill

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Darkness in Punta Cana

I recall sunset in January was about 6:15 or so. November is about the same distance from the solstice as January so you could likely anticipate the same timing.

Kaki

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
497 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Darkness in Punta Cana

wunderground.com shows sunset for the first week of Nov. at approx. 6:00 with twilight at 6:20.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Darkness in Punta Cana

everytime you close your eyes it gets dark in PC.

Loveland
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Darkness in Punta Cana

Not if you've been to a lively disco, Trini! Those stobe lights stay with you! LOL!!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
345 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Darkness in Punta Cana

Trini.... How the hell can i hit a golf ball with my eyes closed??Hey i see your posts all over these forums Punta Cana,barbados forums. And you Either you have alot of insight on subjects or you try to be funny. Tell me are you a part time comedian ? I would definatley go see your stage act. Although i do think some of the non americans would probably throw things toward the stage. I must say you do keep us all entertained.

Thanks,Bill

Loveland
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Darkness in Punta Cana

I've told Trini the same thing, Bill!! LOL! He's a "trip!".....but that's what I love about him!!

Loveland
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Darkness in Punta Cana

BTW, Trini does have great insight!!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
345 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Darkness in Punta Cana

Love-all

He is a funny guy !! Just kinda tells it like it is. But i can see why some folks get a little frustrated with him.

Loveland
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Darkness in Punta Cana

To know him is to love him, Bill! Besides, we need someone like him.......otherwise, this board could be too serious. "Lightening-up" is a virtue!! LOL!

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Darkness in Punta Cana

willie and loveall..thanks for the comments,i have been travelling since i was 11yo,mostly to the caribbean,my uncle owned a shipping company in Trinidad and on summer holidays a cpl buddies and myself would jump on one of the cargo ships and go island hopping,we got to stay in the captain's cabin,they always had an extra cabin for them below deck.After college in the USA i joined the Navy and served for 23 years.I have always been a funny guy,(my wife dont think so)i guess she is so fed up with the B/S.I am now retired thats why you see me so much on TA.