We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacationexpress/TMA

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Vacationexpress/TMA

Transmeridian airlines just ceased operations,it's replaced with Pace/Frontier airlines.They offer no first class options,I am booked to fly out on 10/17/05 and got a call from Vacexpress yesterday telling me this.Its a good thing i am not overweight or have health issues being the reason i booked first class.It just goes to show that these travel companies can do whatever they want and get way with it.They know it's too late for most people to make changes and people are all hiped up to go on the dates they choose.Waiting to see whats the next surpise before i leave.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
264 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacationexpress/TMA

In my humble opinion, this is not an improvement. VE has used Pace before. We renamed it "Snail's Pace." To look at the bright side, however, because you are probably flying out of Orlando and Sanford is the hub, you will have a direct flight and it is less likely you will have any problems.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacationexpress/TMA

eso..i hope i dont have anymore surprises with them,it's just that they dont offer first class seating on Pace,i dont have a serious health issue,but i do have knee problems when sitting for a long time and need to get up and stretch often,i choose to fly in that class because of the inconvenience to the other passenger if seated in coach.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
264 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacationexpress/TMA

Probably most of the time Pace does not have delays. Although Pace is definately a "no frills" carrier, hopefully you will be up and down in short order. I know VE has great deals. Have fun.

Clear Lake...
Level Contributor
182 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacationexpress/TMA

Trini, I"m sure a lot of people are in the same boat. I was fearfully watching the bankruptcy problems and strikes going on in the airline industry, wondering if our honeymoon would be ruined. I hope it works out okay. I have a bad knee myself and always get an aisle where I can hang it out in. Since you can't hardly get up and walk around anymore without being tackled by an air marshall thinking you're a terrorist, it's the best alternative I can find. You weren't just back from Punta Cana, were you? My seatmate spent the whole flight with his elbow in my ribs (with my bruises to prove it!) and his foot in my face. I couldn't believe it!!! I showed my husband my bruises because he didn't believe me when I said "the guy just threw me an elbow. What is this?? Hockey??"

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacationexpress/TMA

crissy...i would have said something to him or give him an elbow also.No, i am leaving on the 17th,i will let you all know how it went.I dont think flights like this one has air marshalls on them,they usually sit up front or in first class..keep an eye on the cockpit door.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
751 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacationexpress/TMA

Trini,

You were very lucky that you even got a phone call. ABC news was saying that the employees didn't even know. They showed up to work and were told that TMA was no longer operating.

Loveland
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacationexpress/TMA

Trini...do your in-flight feet and leg exercises to keep your circulation flowing!!!!

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vacationexpress/TMA

Cisfixed and love...i got a call from Vacationexpress,good thing i booked through them..i did not see anything on TV about TMA,will check online.Love how can i do leg exercises sitting in coach..i am 6ft tall,i know you are half my height so it's easy for you.LMAO.

Loveland
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vacationexpress/TMA

Ask for an isle seat, Trini!! Just don't trip anyone!! You are right, though. I never have a problem with "leg space!" LOL!

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vacationexpress/TMA

yeah..an aisle seat getting hit in the head from people walking and the flight attendants hitting me with the cart.I think i would just charter my own damm plane next time.