Just returned from a week at Sunscape The Beach. This was our first Apple Vacation and we're sure it will be our last one. Here is the truth:
1) The weather was generally good although this resort is really the Atlantic facing - windier with less blue water than typical Carribean resorts.
2) The beach is delighful.
3) The pool is the biggest on the island and very nicely designed.
4) We really liked the pool restaurants and bar, no waits, service OK.
1) Service was generally very poor. Long check in waits, room confusion, people being put in wrong rooms,
2) Staff generally poorly trained. They were nice people but training did not show at all.
3) Food was marginal execpt for Oceans and the Japanese restaurants where tyically there were long waits. Waits at the buffet restaurants was OK.
4) When we arrived, just finding a bottle of water was a challenge. This got better through the week.
5) Construction was a disaster. Great design but our room fell apart in front of us. Plumbing and AC were constant problems. Mold grew on the walls. The tile and marble flooring is very dangerous in rain. If it rains, just don't go anywhere.
There are lots of nice places in the DR. Don't waste your time or money here for at least the next 6 months until these people figure out how to build and run a resort. If you go, your gambling your time and your money.
The Apple people on site were totally useless. Very disappointing.