We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been to Breezes since it reopened???

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston,MA
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone been to Breezes since it reopened???

My husband and I will be going to Breezes in Punta Cana Feb 13 and was wondering if anyone has been there since it reopened? We'd like to hear any info on the resort.

upstate New york
Level Contributor
191 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone been to Breezes since it reopened???

Just got back last night. It was a really nice resort. The food is not good, I will tellyou that upfront. I don't know where you are from but that seems to make a difference for people in their opinions. I am American and picky but we ate and dealt with it. It is edible but different. The hotel is up and running. The place is beautiful, the people and staff are amazing. They don't all speak English so brush up on your Spanish. Leave some money for maids too, it does help. The rooms are small but clean and they clean every day. Bring some beach towels, it helps. They are a bit facist about their beach towels and someone did take ours at some point.

The beach is amazing!!! The sand is so soft and clean and very white. The waves are awesome. We stayed at the beach every day. It rained once and that was yesterday the day we left. The pool is also beautiful. The place is kept very clean. The people work very hard and the same ones work there every day all day. Hope you have fun!!! We did not see any mosquitoes either. I didn't take the meds and forgot all about it when I got there. Hope you have fun!!!!

Boston,MA
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone been to Breezes since it reopened???

Thanks for the information Lovetosun!! Did you like the building that you were in and would you recommend a certain building? Thanks

upstate New york
Level Contributor
191 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone been to Breezes since it reopened???

We were in room 7411 which was ocean view as well as pool view. I would highly recommend that building if you can get it. It is close to every thing you need to be close to. It isn't noisy and no one is above you. Enjoy!!!

seattle, wa
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone been to Breezes since it reopened???

Sunnymac,

My husband and I will be there 2/12 for 6 nights, no kids, sounds as though we are around the same ages as you and your husband. Do you scuba dive? Have heard really good things about this resort from a friend who has been, so I'm sure we'll have a great time! I am taking extra beach towels though becuz that sounds like a sore point for most returnees.

Boston,MA
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone been to Breezes since it reopened???

We don't scuba dive but can't wait to be in the sunshine!!! We have to Punta Cana before but never this resort. We have heard some good things about it and we know we'll have a good time!!