We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

punta cana great deal with kids?

montreal
9 posts
Save Topic
punta cana great deal with kids?

Hi we would like to find a place to go with 2 kids 7 and 4 for xmas.

Too many Hotel in punta cana to decide without help.

went to a 4 star in cuba last year what about the rating in dom.rep?

we loved the villas type of room and to see some fish when snokling in front of the resort.

any suggestion?

thank you

Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: punta cana great deal with kids?

Hello

There are not too many villa type of accommodation here in Punta Cana

There is IFA Bavaro Villas and there are the Barcelo Golf Apartments which you could check out.

Most of the room layouts in the hotels are two queen size beds so kids can top & tail in one of those

Some good hotels with kids clubs are Sunscape the Beach, LTI Beach Resort, Grand Paradise, Sirenis Cocotal to name a few

You can snorkel in front of any of the hotels a see a few fish but it's never as good as it is over the coral reefs where the boats can take you.

bb

montreal
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: punta cana great deal with kids?

Thank you for your help Boy Bavaro

can you tell me more about the difference and the rating of the dom rep hotel?

Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: punta cana great deal with kids?

Hello

The star ratings are supposed to indicate the level of quality & service in all areas equally so a 4* property in Cuba should be of a similar standard to a 4* in the DR

The IFA Villas I mentions in Punta Cana are 3* and the Barceló Golf Apts. are 4 *

I feel price comparisons are also a way of discovering which hotels are better than others too - i.e. you get what you pay for.

Star ratings are not really regulated in my opinion in the DR and you need to take them with a pinch of salt.

bb

montreal
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: punta cana great deal with kids?

is there any hotel in punta cana where the kids stay for free with 2 adults?

Alberta
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: punta cana great deal with kids?

Yes, there are resorts that offer kids stay & eat for free but I would suggest you go to your nearest travel agent and pick-up a few brochures from Nolitours or Signature or Transat and look through them (or look online). They are very informative and have some of the answers you will be looking for. Narrow down your search of resorts with all the "wants" or "necessities" your family has then go online to search them some more. What one persons #1 priority in a resort may not be yours. Have you gone to Debbies dominican travel site?? Lots of info there!

Good luck! We are excited to leave Nov 3-10 with our 3 kids (6,4,1) to Club Med.

Ontario
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: punta cana great deal with kids?

Also I just want to add that breezes (POP) had villas, i'm not sure if you have considered that resort, but there was alot to do for kids. Good luck!