We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Secrets Excellence, PC

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach Secrets Excellence, PC

I am planning a trip to Secrets Excellence, Punta Cana in February '06. I just returned fro the Excellence in Cancun. Does anyone know how the beach compares? Is the water a nice shade of blue and is there much seaweed? Also, is this resort mainly honeymooners or is there a variety of guests. How are the evening shows and the nightclub? Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

Belle River, Ontario
Level Contributor
396 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Secrets Excellence, PC

I've been to Secrets Capri as well, and the two beaches couldn't be more different! The beach in DR is much better. Although the surf is much stronger in Punta Cana, it makes for some fun boogy-boarding (watch the riptides), and you don't have to worry about a slimy, rocky bottom - it's nice and sandy. I do not remember any seaweed.

There are some pretty nice areas around the beach in Punta Cana where the water is crystal blue. The beach is about the same hue of tan as in Mayan Riviera, not the blinding white of the brochures.

You'll have a variety of guests - the resort is huge. The evening entertainment is typically corny, but after a few drinks (or more), anything can be entertaining...

Check out the spa while you're there -- they do a mean Swedish massage that will make you want to slip into a coma for a day afterward!

Maryland, USA
Level Contributor
193 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Secrets Excellence, PC

I must say that the beach at Secrets PC is the longest, deepest beach I have ever seen anyway we've been: east coast US, west coast US, Hawaii, Virgin Islands, Cancun, Cozumel, Aruba, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, etc.

The water isn't the super-clear turquoise mill pond like Aruba or some Cancun beaches - there is a definite surf/waves. But the color is deep blue out far turning more blue-green closer in to the beach. Beautiful - reminded me in some ways of Hawaii water/surf.